chapter eight

Finnick was still there, lying on the couch. Cassia glanced at the clock, the digital time was eight. Priscilla wouldn't be in for another hour, since it was Sunday. Then she wondered, she didn't remember climbing into bed, she remembered falling asleep on the couch. Someone must have moved her. And that someone was Finnick.

"Cassia..." Finnick was waking up, she offered him a small smile. "Hey..." he whispered,

"Hey" she replied, he pushed himself up and he sat up, looking at her.

"I have to go..." he whispered, the teenager sighed and nodded. He walked over to her, looking her in the eyes, "I'll see you soon..." he leaned close to her, her eyes met his. Sea green. Her cheeks flushed red and he walked out the room, surely making his way back to district four.

Cassia decided to get ready for the day, she knew was meeting her friends in a few hours, but she also knew that it was of a high likelihood Priscilla would find something she was expected to do that morning.

Cassia opted for an outfit that was fancy but still had an element of comfort to it, so that she could keep up appearances whilst remaining comfortable.

"Oh good morning! Oh Miss Snow, you're already up. I trust you had a good night sleep" she nodded, once again she questioned how much Priscilla knew. "Now, breakfast is being served whenever you're ready for it, your grandfather wishes to speak with you after. He wants to meet in his office to discuss your idea about improving the state shelter system" her eyes widened in shock. She didn't expect her grandfather to actually listen to her idea. "And then of course you have your lunch with your friends, you need to be home by ten after that" Cassia nodded, with that Priscilla turned on the heel of her pointed shoes and left.  After a moment of thought, pondering her grandfathers choices, Cassia left her room to venture to breakfast.

"Cass! Oh how was the party! Was it fun!" Credence swarmed her with questions as she sat down next to him, she chuckled slightly and smiled at him.

"It was wonderful Cree" he looked off into the abyss, a dream filled look on his face. Cassie laughs slightly, pancakes and bacon were what they were served for breakfast. It was delicious.

A short while later, Cassia was knocking on her grandfathers door, awaiting the conversation she'd been anticipating since Priscilla informed her of it.

"Enter dear" her grandfather commanded, the teenager hurriedly obeyed. Entering the room and taking a seat in front of him. "Now, I have decided to see how your idea plays out. The cabinet think it would improve the entertainment factor of the games" Cassia didn't like his reasoning but whatever got him on board with her plan, "now, your presentation is tomorrow? Yes?" She nodded, "alright, Tuesday you will begin your tour of the districts. I suspect it shall last a week or two, possibly threeYou shall visit each district for a day or two and evaluate their shelter system. You shall then produce a report for the cabinet and they will decide whether or not to follow your suggestions" she nodded, a smile on her face. "I shall have Priscilla travel with you and control your schedule" she nodded in return at her grandfather. "You will spend more time in the safer districts" she nodded, one, two and four. The district's that were closest to the Capitol, not geographically. But through relationship.

"Thank you grandpa" she smiled, he nodded at her,

"You're welcome dear, you will be expected to complete your school work whilst there dear, it will all be sent to your pad and you simply must complete it" she nodded, and with that he dismissed her.

Cassia rested her head against the window of the car as she was driven to the restaurant. Her brain pondered all the thoughts of what her upcoming week would look like. She'd only been to district four, and she hadn't been there long.