XV - END

After dinner, we sat around the fire, enjoying warm tea.

"You've become such a beautiful woman, Selene. No wonder my son couldn't wait to ask you to be his wife." Lisa teased which made me blush.

"Adrian was very persistent." I recalled with a light laugh as my husband smiled at us.

"I'm certain that my son is in wonderful loving hands." Lisa replied, sending Adrian a teasing smile.

"I remembered something." I spoke up, taking out a black metal ring. "I wanted to gift this to you, Uncle."

"Selene, call me father." Dracula replied which made me blush.

"Oh. Uhm. Okay." I replied still blushing and I saw my husband watching me with amused eyes. I sent him a quick glare which made him chuckle. I turned back to Dracula who was watching us with amused eyes. "This is for you, Father."

Dracula studied the ring and he squinted to read the small runes engraved on it. His eyes widened and he looked at me. "How-How long did you make this?"

"10 years." I replied shyly. "I only got close to finishing it two years ago, when I was able to communicate with my ancestor, Selene, the goddess of the moon. She would visit me in my dreams and help me."

Third Person POV

Dracula's eyes watered as he gripped the ring. He started sobbing as he hugged the ring to his chest. Selene's eyes widened as she panicked at her father-in-law's reaction.

"Oh no. Did I do something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"No, my child." He said as he calmed down. He smiled at his wife and his son before turning to her. "You've given me and Lisa the best gift."

Lisa looked at her husband curiously. "What is it, dear?"

"There was once a legend that a ring that gave the wearer protection from all that may harm him, and would be able to change his appearance as he pleased." Dracula replied, looking down at the ring. "The ring that would protect even a vampire from the sun and make him appear human. It was also said that if the wearer wished with utmost sincerity, the ring would grant him his wish."

Dracula looked at his daughter-in-law with adoration. "You remembered. I told this story to you when you were 4 years old. And you kept asking me why I didn't make one for myself so I could play with you and Adrian outside in the sun." Dracula chuckled and watched his son wrap an arm around Selene's waist. He smiled and looked at his wife. "I told her that only a god would be able to forge such a ring. And little Selene puffed her chest proudly at me. Saying: I'm a descendant of a god! I'll make one for you."

Selene blushed, burying her face in her husband's chest. Lisa giggled and Adrian chuckled as he held his wife tightly.

"Does it really work?" Lisa asked with excited eyes, realizing that she and her husband would be able to travel freely, enjoy the sun together, and be able to play with their future grandchildren under the bright sun.

"It does." Selene replied. "I tested it out on a..." she hesitated on how to tell the story.

"She tested it out on a vampire who she caught trying to feed on a child." Adrian supplied when he saw her hesitation. "She tied him to a post. It was hilarious when I found her with Trevor as they made him wear the ring and they stood waiting for sunrise. The vampire didn't die, the sun did nothing for him. Selene kept him tied to the post for a few days before she removed the ring from him and he actually burned in the sun in an instant."

Selene was blushing, refusing to look anywhere near her father-in-law.

Dracula laughed loudly which made Selene look at him.

"You really are my student." Dracula stated as he laughed. Lisa also started laughing which made Adrian and Selene join in.

"You should try it." Adrian told his father with a smile. "If you burn, Selene can heal you immediately with her magic."

Dracula chuckled and raised a brow at his son. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trying to kill your old man."

Adrian chuckled and watched his father wear the ring. The ring glowed, the runes on it glowing. Dracula felt a blanket of magic cover him. He smiled and immediately knew that the ring worked. The family had stayed up all night and he knew the sun was rising. He stood up from his seat and his family followed him.

"I added a rune that would make sure the ring would stay on and only you could remove it willingly." Selene told her father-in-law who gave her a smile. He placed a gentle head on the top of her head and she remembered how he always used this when she did well on her studies. She smiled and hugged him. She felt him return the hug and she let him go. They watched in anticipation as he stepped out and the sun started to rise. The sun shone on him and he didn't move.

Dracula smiled as he felt the sun on his face and felt only warmth. His eyes widened and he dropped to his knees. He was alive. He was under the bright, warm sun and he didn't feel any pain.

Lisa ran to him, wrapping her arms around him, crying. Adrian watched his parents crying happily under the sun. He looked at his own wife who was crying quietly.

"Thank you, my moon." He whispered as she embraced her. "I love you. I cannot thank you enough." Adrian knew how she consistently studied and researched for the ring, trying to perfect the runes she needed and the type of magic she needed to use. He had caught her intently writing down runes and asked her. She then told him about the ring. She wanted to finish it despite Dracula's death.

Dracula and Lisa started running around the field like children and the two dhampirs laughed. They went to the couple and Selene encouraged Dracula to imagine himself as a human. They watched his ears, fangs and claws transform. His skin was no longer ashen and pale, he had light skin. Lisa laughed and excitedly told him about how they can now eat out together and do a lot more things together.

Selene and Adrian stayed with them for two weeks before informing them that they wanted to travel too. Lisa suggested that they travel together. Selene now knew the runes to alter one's appearance and created charms that hid her and her husband's fangs. The four of them spent a month traveling to France and then to Spain before deciding to go to Italy and Greece.

It was after four months of traveling that Selene and Adrian decided to go back to the castle as Selene's pregnancy was now starting to show. When they arrived at the castle, Sypha excitedly greeted them and congratulated them when she saw Selene's pregnant belly.

"You're pregnant!" Sypha yelled out as she hugged Selene. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"We wanted to surprise you." Selene replied, grinning widely. "I missed you!"

"Welcome back and congratulations." Trevor told his best friend as they watched their wives happily chatting with each other.

"Thank you." He replied with a content smile.