IX

The two dhampirs didn't have enough time to properly mourn their families. They both lost their homes and had suffered through so much and together they would help each other heal.

They heard the sound of children laughing from below and saw them pointing and waving at them. Selene smiled and nudged Adrian.

"Go." She urged and he jumped down, scaring the children. She laughed softly and watched as Greta approached him.

Selene wrapped her arm around her knees and closed her eyes. There was something wrong and she didn't know what it was. It was bothering her but she didn't want Adrian to worry about her.

She jumped down making Greta and Adrian look at her.

"I was about to show Greta where the weapons are kept." Adrian told her and she nodded.

"I'll be at the library. I need to research something." Selene informed them and they nodded.

Selene went to the library and she tried to look for whatever book was calling to her. She knew something was wrong with the castle. She knew that Sypha had destroyed its core for teleportation but that wasn't what was bothering her. Selene closed her eyes and let her magic flow around her, asking for anything to lead her to the right direction. Two books fell from the shelves.

It was a book about runes and another was a book about dark magic. She started reading them and she knew it was already dark. She stopped reading when she sensed several vampires and monsters below the castle. She ran out of the library and looked out the window. Sure enough, an army of night creatures and vampires were there. They were killing the villagers.

Selene ran through the halls when she felt a familiar energy. "Someone is harvesting souls." She was torn between going down to help or finding the runes. She realized that she had to go and help first or else all the villagers would be killed. Selene ran to her old room, taking out a large archer's bow.

She jumped out the window and saw that Adrian was already engaged in battle. She aimed her bow at the oncoming vampires. The bow glowed, runes appearing on it. Several arrows made of lightning materialized on her bow and she shot them towards the vampires. She swiftly fired several arrows as she helped villagers without weapons fall back into the castle. Selene grew annoyed and she placed the bow over her shoulder. She started summoning several ice shards and fireballs to kill the monster. She created a wall to temporarily block the monsters' attacks on the villagers.

"Into the castle!" She yelled out as she dodged several attacks. She ran to Adrian.

"There's something horribly wrong." Selene told him as she killed a vampire. Adrian looked at her briefly. "I can sense Death."

"What do you mean?" He asked as he threw his sword.

"I can feel the unmistakable presence of the entity Death." Selene stressed. "Something very horrible is going to happen. The castle is sending me a warning."

Adrian frowned and ordered the archers. Selene growled in annoyance because he didn't understand how crucial the situation was. She suddenly froze and she looked up at the castle. She didn't say anything else as she ran into the castle. She reached the source and froze when she realized what room she was in.

"You!" She growled at the man. "I knew you weren't to be trusted!"

"I knew your involvement would complicate things." Saint Germain replied with a smile. "Lucky for me I was given this." He took out a small glass ball and threw it at her. Selene was taken by surprise as the ball exploded in front of her. She immediately created the strongest barrier she could make. She crashed into the wall.