Little Queen pt. 2

I kicked at the maid, glaring defiantly at her. She stood in front of me, hands holding a  fine dress that looked expensive.

"Please calm down miss. I just need to know which dress you prefer." She switched the dress out for a different one. It was an agua green one and had tiny butterflies up it. 

I stood defensively still, giving her a pissed off look. Why the hell did I agree to this. No, I know why. I had to. For Maria. 

I hope she is okay. I mean, king Eret said he released her with some warning, so she must be okay. Maybe I can visit her? Or even better, escape here with her so we can live free someplace.

The maid was now hanging up the two dresses. She then turned around to face me.

"Alright dear. We can choose after your bath. You most definitely need a good scrub." She smiled sweetly, clasping her hands in front of her. I stubbornly stepped around, not agreeing to this. I will not have a bath. I don't need one.

I smell fine. I think I had a shower a month or so ago. I honestly don't smell too bad, right?

I smelled myself and immediately gagged. I smelled like dying rats that were found in a dump. But no, I mustn't get a bath! I don't want one!

The maid looked at me kindly and then stepped away, going to the bathroom. Beyond the door of this closet I heard her turn on the bath water.

I furrowed my eyebrows towards her direction as she walked back in.

"Alright miss, come please. You need to get a bath."

I crossed my arms and stood defiantly, puffing out my chest.

"No! I don't want one!" I hissed. Somehow it came out angrier than I ment. Jeez. I didn't want to scare the lady. Who knows, she probably is poor and needs the money. 

She continued a sweet demeanor and grabbed a few towels from a closet shelf.

"Well the king ordered you to get a bath and change of clothes, so I must do what is ordered."

I sighed and frowned to myself. What would happen if I said no? Would I die or something? Surely not.

"What if I say no?" I said.

She held the fluffy and quite comfy looking towel in her hands, turning to face me.

"If you don't I will have to get king Eret and he wouldn't be pleased. At the moment he is in a meeting, so best not disturb him, right?"

I huffed angrily and nodded my head stubbornly. 

"Fine!" I blurted out, uncrossing my arms in the air as surrender. She went cheeky and walked over, giving me her hand.

I grabbed onto her soft hand and followed as she walked, going into the bathroom.

She guided me over to the bath, which was full, as she shut the doors and grabbed soaps. I looked at the huge bath and couldn't help but smile a bit. Maybe it wouldn't be bad staying here.

I do hate him and the royals, and I can keep on hating, but I'll like this not having to scrounge for food or a place of shelter.

The hot water sent warmth of evaporation into my face, the steam soothing me a bit. The maid came back over to me and stood beside me, soap held in her hands.

"Do you need help unchanging miss?"

I snapped my head up to her with wide eyes. I didn't want to unchange in front of her. She could be a pedo or something! Who knows!

I started stuttering a bit, not knowing what to say. She understood me and turned away from me, back facing me.

"I'll look away." I mentally thanked her for this and slowly yet surely stripped off my dirty clothes. I looked over at the bath and tiptoed over to it, stepping my foot into the hot water.