𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡 𖦷

come home

age: 5
mom: natasha
dad:

-

3RD PERSON
Unfortunately for Natasha and Y/n, Natasha got called onto a mission last night, and it was three days before Christmas and even though Y/n was only five years old, she understood that these missions could take days, weeks, months, and she needed her mother to be home for Christmas.

Natasha made a promise to Y/n to try and come home before Christmas, she couldn't promise her daughter that she would be home for Christmas because she can't predict the future, she doesn't know who will get hurt, who'll be ready to kill her.

Due to it being an avengers based mission, Natasha called Melina and asked her to babysit Y/n which she did, and as soon as Yelena heard, she decided she was going to stay with them too.

It made Natasha comfortable to know that Y/n was around good people that would do anything to protect her, and if she wasn't home for Christmas, she knows that they'll make sure that she has a good Christmas.

"I want mommy to come home for Christmas" Y/n wailed as she sat on the living room floor, Melina and Yelena sat on the sofa, watching helplessly as Y/n cries over her mother being away.

"We know honey, and we can't do anything to make it go quicker, she's trying to get back" Melina spoke running her hand through Y/n's hair, the girl looked down and cried as she stared at the carpet.

"Want mommy" Y/n cried sadly before looking up at Yelena with her glassy green eyes making the woman's heart melt, she pouted and reach out her arms, taking the small girl into them and rubbing her back.

"She'll be back soon" Yelena spoke before lifting the girl onto her lap and holding her close to her chest, Y/n's tears had stopped falling and she was now just hiccuping and deep breathing into her chest.

Y/n sat in quite the mood for the rest of the day, Natasha was gone early morning yesterday so it had been well over 24 hours since Y/n last saw her, it wasn't long till Christmas and there had been nothing heard from Natasha so far.

"I'm not going to sleep!" Y/n shouted crossing her arms and looking up at Melina who was pouring milk into a sippy cup for her.

"Yes you are, don't get all attitude with me" Melina says and heats up the milk, Y/n stomps her foot and glares at Melina, a slight memory coming back from when Natasha used to strop about bedtime, Y/n looked identical to Natasha at this age, only confusing Melina more.

"Lena!!" Y/n cries before running off to find her auntie, Melina sighed and rolled her eyes as she waited for the milk to be done.

Once the microwave pinged, Melina turned back around to bring to milk into the living room, she saw Yelena walk past with Y/n and followed her to sit down.

"I'm not being mean, but you can't be crying all day and acting naughty because mama isn't here" Melina spoke before handing Y/n the sippy cup, Y/n sniffles and rubbed her eye as she put the teat in her mouth and started to drink, her eyelids becoming heavier.

Y/n finally fell asleep on Yelena's lap after another half an hour of drinking her milk, Melina fell against the sofa and relaxed before announcing to Yelena that she was heading to bed, Yelena getting up to do the same, bringing Y/n to her room.

The five year old was in a co-sleeping phase with Natasha and Yelena didn't want to upset Y/n anymore than she already was by having Natasha so far away on a mission and making her sleep by herself, yet Yelena got a text that night that she knew would put a smile on Y/n's face.

So, the next morning, the young girl woke up with two of her favourite people beside her, one was messily spread out in bed whilst the other had protective arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly.

Y/n started stirring about, making Natasha smile, she was excited because when Y/n woke up she'd see her there beside her and the smile on her face, Natasha could already imagine it right now.

Whilst Y/n shifted and groaned, Natasha lay staring at her daughters face, she was the most prettiest girl the woman had ever seen, she was a beautiful young girl, her curls were immaculate, the freckles on her nose were perfect and people could get lost in her emerald green eyes.

"Lena, don't wanna wake up" Y/n spoke to herself as she stretched her arms out a groaned turning over to face Natasha who smiled and ran her finger down Y/n's nose.

"Wake up Y/n, it's not Lena" Natasha spoke, rubbing Y/n's stomach, Y/n lifted her head up slightly and looked at Natasha and after realising it was her and she was back, Y/n shot up with a gasp.

"Mama!!" Y/n screamed and crawled onto Natasha's stomach, wrapping her arms around her neck, Natasha smiled and squeezed her daughter tightly, patting her bottom and kissing the side of her head.

"Mama's here" Natasha mumbled kissing her daughters head, Y/n smiled tiredly and found herself falling back asleep, she held onto her mother as tightly as she could again before drifting back off into a deeper sleep, this time inside of her mothers arms.

-