This Christmas...you have my Heart

*a/n: this is a Christmas special

*
a/n: this is a Christmas special.

This book will be one shots or two part stories. Not giving up on Elejah. Just writing long stories is put on hold.

Happy holidays! 🎄✨️

*

Elena finished applying her lipstick. She ruffled her hair a bit and pulled her bangs with the tip of her fingers.

"Are you ready?" Bonnie whizzed in the hall, buttoning her coat up.

"Yep. All done" the doppelgänger said giving herself another look in the mirror.

"Caroline sent a tenth message" Bonnie said as she checked her phone.

"We're very late, I know, but I had to do those last changes in my book.

"It's only a pre-Christmas Eve party in the Grill. No big." the witch said as she sent the blonde vampire the message that they were on their way.

Meanwhile, in the Grill, the party was in full swing already.

The karaoke machine was plugged in and people were taking turns playing all different Christmas songs.

"What took you so long?" Caroline said as she got to Bonnie and Elena at the bar.

"I needed to make sure the magical boundary around the town was secured." Bonnie said and wave at Damon, who swooped in to whisk her away.

"He is here" Caroline whispered into Elena, whose eyes had already descended on Mason Lockwood.

"I don't really care." Elena mumbled and turned to Matt, who brought over a trey of rum shots. "Just one."

"Oh, come on - it's Christmas Eve. We party. I'll make sure you don't do anything stupid." Caroline said.

"Like last year - you mean." Elena remarked.

"Exactly." Caroline said and pulled her friend suddenly by the hand to follow her to the small makeshift podium.

"I can't sing." Elena protested.

"You'll be fine." Caroline said, who mimiced to her friend to do the song with her.

"I can't - sorry." Elena squirmed apologetically.

"Right." Caroline got on stage."This song - it's kinda about those dirty liars and cheats if this world- and just so you know - you can find that someone special"

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart

But the very next day
You gave it away

This year
To save me from tears
I'll give to someone special

Elena inhaled sharply in a very silent manner as the lyrics hit home. She glanced at Mason, whose eyes connected with her. He knew very well that the heartbreak he had caused her last Christmas.

"Hey," Stefan elbowed the doppelgänger gently as he aproached her, "I heard it on the grapevine you went to New Orleans to help Elijah"

"Yeah - no big. He needed a bit of my blood."

"Even as a vampire your blood is still a weapon." Stefan remarked.

"Let's talk about something more exciting? When are you going to propose to Valerie?"

"Tomorrow." Stefan said. "I've got all organized."

"I hope it's totally romantic"

"It is. I just hope she says yes."

"She will. And I'm so happy for you." Elena chimed warmly.

"I really hope you find love, too." Stefan ehxaled a little, evidently worried about the doppelgänger and all that had happened with Mason Lockwood.

"I think I have." Elena curled a little smile at her friend.

And she left the looking puzzled as she turned to the door.

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, but you tore me apart

Oh, oh now I've found a real love
You'll never fool me again

And Caroline sang the last part differently, pointing her finger at Enzo St. John.

This year I'll give it to someone special

At that very moment, Elena moved swiftly through the swaying crowd and passing by Mason, she opened her arms, wrapping them around Elijah Mikaelson.

"I missed you" she whispered dearly.

"Missed you, too" Elijah said. And though he was not someone to show public display of affection, this time he pulled her to him into a warm loving kiss.

"OMG!" Caroline couldn't hold her surprise seeing the Original and Elena dreamily lost in one another.

"Merry Christmas, everyine" the blonde vampire belted out before she passed the microphone to Vicky.

"Merry Christmas" Elijah muttered, still holding Elena in his arms.

"Merry Christmas," she smiled, "come on - let's get out of here"

Taking the Original by the hand, they slipped out of the Grill.

As she got in his Porsche, she texted Bonnie and Caroline that she'd see them in a few days. "Elijah and I need some time alone. Merry Christmas. xoxo ❤️"