Chapter 5: Battle Plans

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$)(:/5);/;)$

I was with Jasper in the woods. We were walking around to find a place for the battle to happen. Jasper held my hand the whole time and made sure that I didn't hurt myself. I could tell that he was really worried about me.

"You will be staying with Bella during the battle," Jasper said to me. I stopped him from walking and made him look at me. "I don't want to leave you here to fight with your family," I said to him. He caressed my cheek.

"I can't have you with me. I won't be able to protect you," he said to me. "Is there another place where I can stay?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I need you safe Beverly. I need you to be far away from their reach," he said to me.

I let out a sigh. "What about if I make my own plan for the battle. As in...I find a place to stay safe," I said to him. He raised an eyebrow. "Trust me on this," I said to him. I could see him thinking hard about it.

"Alright. Only if you tell me the plan when you are done," he said to me. I gave him a smile and a peck on his lips. "Thank you hon," I said to him. He chuckled a bit when I called him "hon." I was trying to return to my southern roots a bit at that point.

We continued our walk through the woods.

An hour later.....

We got back to the house. Esme made me some sandwiches for lunch. I took a sandwich and took a bite. It was good as usual. Jasper sat next to me and watched me eat. I thought about something. {What is Bella's plan for the battle?}

I looked at Jasper. "Where is Bella staying during the battle?" I asked him. "She will be staying at a mountain a bit far from the battle. She will be camping there for the night with Edward," he explained to me.

"So Edward is not fighting?" I asked him. He shook his head. I knew that Edward was worried about Bella to the point where he was willing not to fight in order to keep her safe. I knew that Jasper was needed for the battle.

I had to think of a plan for my own safety. {Since the vampires were coming from the north...should I drive down south to visit my brother?} I had so much to think about for the battle. I had a choice to make.

Travel far to lesson Jasper's worry for my safety. Or stay close and risk Jasper to become distracted and possibly ended up being destroyed in the battle.

Afternoon.......

Jasper and I headed tan open area of the battle ground. It looked a bit perfect to me. I looked around at the tree line. I saw Jacob who had just came to the site. We looked at each other for a moment and started to walk.

We saw Jacob walking towards us as we made our way to the center. "You're not fighting? What did you pull a muscle or something? Jake said to him as he made his way towards us at the center of the battle ground. "He's doing it for me okay?" Bella said and was trying to calm him down. "Whatever. Just tell me the plan," he said to her. He didn't keep his eyes off of Edward.

Jasper looked at Jake. "This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure them to war with Bella's scent. It needs to end here," Jasper explained to him. {I get it. The scent is to lure the vampires here.}

"Edward and I are going to our camp site. Even if he carries me they'll still pick up on our scent," Bella explained to Jake. I could see that Edward didn't like the idea that was going to come up. I could see it on his face and eyes.

"You're stench however is revolting," Edward said to him. {Does he really have to start now.} "Dude you don't want to be comparing stinks," Jake talked back to him. {They better not start something now.}

"What he means is your scent will mask mine if you carry me," Bella said to him and tried to calm him down again. I felt bad that Bella had to be the peace keeper of the two boys. "Done," Jake said as he liked that part of the idea.

I saw Edward shaking his head. "This is not a good idea," Edwards said to Jasper. "Edward. They won't want to get anywhere near his...odor," Jasper said to Edward. "okay let's just try it," Bella said and walked over to Jake.

Jake carried Bella effortlessly. "One werewolf coming up," he said to us. "Run," Edward said to him like he was going to run after him if Jake doesn't move quick enough. Jake gave a look to Edward and ran into the woods. I watched them disappear through the tree line.

Jasper looked down at me and held me close to him. "I'll be back," he said to me. I gave him a nod. He quickly made his way to the tree line where Jake disappeared. {I guess he wants to check if it is possible to smell Bella.}

After a while, I saw Jasper come out of woods where Jake and Bella disappeared. "All I picked up was wolf stench. No Bella," he said to Edward. I could see the pain on Edward's face. "This will work," he said to him. "Great," Edward said bluntly. I knew that he didn't like the idea.

Jasper looked at me. "Let's go," he said to me. I gave him a nod. The three of made our way to the house. Once at the house, I looked at Jasper. "I'm going to go to my room. I want to talk to you about my plan for the battle later," I said to him.

"Alright darlin," he said to me. I gave him a smile and made my way to my room. I went onto the computer to type an email to my brother. I had made my decision about my plan for the battle. It was for Jasper's own safety.

Dear Brother,

There will be a battle that will take place in a few days. I plan to stay with you for the time being. If I was nearby, I would risk Jasper's own survival. I don't want to worry him about me. I need him to focus on the battle.

I'm being targeted as well. They know my scent. I need to be away so that they don't find me. I know how to defend myself but, I'm not ready to show the Cullens about my true identity. I plan to tell than at a later time.

I need to be away from them for Jasper's sake. I'll come soon. I can't wait to see your kids. I miss them very much.

Love Beverly

I clicked send and closed my laptop. I got up from my seat and walked to the door. "Jasper," I called out to him. In an instant, he appeared in front of me. "Is something wrong darlin?" he asked me concern.

I shook my head. "I wanted to tell you about my plan for the battle," I said to him. I took his hand and led him to the bed. I sat him down and sat down next to him. "What is your plan for the battle? I want you safe," he said to me.

I took a deep breath.

"I want to go to my brother's place during the battle"