Chapter 1: Haunting

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

&))::;$$;;)$(;

Couple days later.....

I finally passed the border to Forks. I already miss my niece and nephew. They didn't want me to go away. I told them that I would see them really soon. I didn't make promises to them though. They take promises too seriously...according to Brent. I remembered what he said to me before I left their home.

Flashback......

I was at my car ready to drive home. Derek and Sandy were gripping onto my legs. They didn't want me to go. "Can't you just stay for another week. Please!" they said in unison. I placed my hands on their heads.

"I'll come back soon. I'll try to get Jasper to come too," i said to them. They gave me a hug smile. I bent down to their eye level and gave them a big hug. There was still so much that I had to learn about them.

I let them go and they ran back to their mother. Brent came up to me and gave me a hug. "Have a safe trip back," he said to me. "Don't worry. I'll be careful on the road," I said to him. Something in his voice was a bit different. It was serious.

"Be careful of newborns sis," he said to me. {Newborns?} I pulled away from him. He gave me a nod. I gave a nod back and went inside my car. I started the engine and drove away. "What did he mean by that?" I said to myself.

End of flashback....

After half an hour, I made it back home. I turned the engine off and got out of the car. I walked to the back of the car to feel a bit of wind behind me. I didn't feel scared at all. I knew who it was. I had a smile on my face and turned around.

It was Jasper. "Welcome home darlin," he said to me. He me a kiss on the lips. I missed his kisses. "Thank you," I said to him. He gave me a smile. He helped me with my bags and we walked inside the house. I saw that it was decorated a bit.

I raised an eyebrow. "What's going on here?" I asked Jasper. "Alice wanted to throw a graduation party," he said to me. I looked at him. "Are you sure that it will be alright?" I asked him. This was the first time that they were going to bring in many people into the house especially with a few vampires who may crave human blood.

"It's alright. Alice saw that nothing will happen," he said to me. I gave him a nod. We walked up the stairs to see Esme in the kitchen cooking with Carlisle. "Hello. I'm home," I said to them. Esme had a big smile on her face and walked over to me with her arms out.

"Welcome home," she said to me and gave me a hug. "Hello Beverly," Carlisle said to me. "How was your trip?" Esme asked me. "It was great. My niece and nephew didn't want me to leave of course," I said to her.

They gave me a nod. "I heard that there was going to be a graduation party here? Is that true?" I asked them. "Yes. Alice saw that nothing will happen. I think it's a fine idea," Carlisle said to me. I gave them a nod.

"I hope so," I said to them. "Go to your room and rest for a bit. I'll be done with dinner in half an hour," Esme said to me. I gave her a nod. She was really like a mother to me. Japer took my hand and pulled me with him.

Jasper walked me to my room. He set the bag down and walked over to me. "So what had happen since I left here?" I asked him. He took my hand and pulled me to the bed. He had me sit down on his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Victoria had been running through the forest between our land and the Tribe's land," he said to me. I looked up at him. "She wants Bella really bad I guess," I said to him. He kissed my forehead. "We all are going to protect her. I'm doing this for you," he said to me. I kissed him on the cheek.

"I know. I'm just worried about you," I said to him. "Darlin," he said to me softly. He took my hand with the ring on it. "It's my job to worry. Not the other way around. Let me handle it," he said to me. I gave him a nod. He kissed me and I felt my worries melting away.

Few hours later.......

I ate the last fork full of carbonara. I picked up my plate and washed it with the other utensil. Esme had gotten used to cooking for me. She didn't have to but, she loved to cook for me. After washing the dishes, I made my way to the living room.

I saw them watching the news. I walked over to Jasper and sat next to him. He was focused on the news about the disappearance of people and murders in Seattle. {How can there be so many people disappearing and murders around the same time?}

I turned my head towards Jasper. I was getting worried for him. I wondered what he was thinking. I placed a hand on his cheek and moved his head to look at me. He was emotionless. "Jasper. What's wrong?" I asked him.

He took my hand away from his face but, he didn't let go. "There is an army growing," he said to me. I was confused by his words. "What army?" I asked him. "I'll tell you at a later time. I promise," he said to me. I gave him a nod.

We continued to watch the news. It was the top headline for a few weeks. This was the first time that I was hearing about it. Mysterious things kept happening around here.

Soon, it was time for me to go to sleep. I took a nice bath to get rid of the tiredness of the long drive from California. After the bath, I got out of the bathroom and unpacked quickly. I put everything in their proper place.

I got under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

Dream.....

I looked around to see that I was in my uncle's house. I really got scared. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and felt a blow to my stomach and then my back. I fell to the ground. "Your worthless! You stupid girl!" I heard a voice above me.

I looked up to see that it was my drunk uncle. I felt myself shaking in fear. "Please.....do... don't hurt me anymore....," I begged him. He gave me a evil smile. Next thing I knew, he grabbed my hair and pulled me up to meet his face.

"You are a nobody. I'm doing you a favor," he sneered at me. He slammed my head against the wall. I started to see dark spots in my vision. I couldn't really scream at all. I looked up to see him with a knife in his hand.

"Pl...please...no," I begged him. He went on his knees traced the knife on my cheek. I could feel him cutting. "You're a nobody," he said and plunged the knife in my chest.

"AHHHHHHH!"

End of nightmare........