An Asshole With Shiny Hair

Lance was looking forward to finishing this year out. Seeing his family for the holidays put him right back into the mental state he worked best in. And after this, he'd be in his last year! So close to being a marine biologist. Hopefully, he could get an intern position near the coast. Plus, there was no distraction from hot guys who were driving Lance crazy over break. He used the time to try and work those feelings out. He had decided he was going to slowly get rid of his crush and then try to make close friends with them. They were good people. He just hoped he could go through with his entire plan before the two noticed anything.

Having your first lecture after break at 8 am was not fun, but it had been the only one that had seats left when he originally scheduled. Lance was a bit bleary as he made his way to the building across campus. He was so bleary that had thought he had hallucinate a horrible memory going into the administration building. And then the nightmare looked back. He shook his head to try and clear his thoughts. It couldn't be, that person was on suspension. What day was it? Lance brought out his phone: January 16th. The day he had been dreading for the last six months. He never realized that was the day things started back up in more ways than one. He picked up the pace until he reached his lecture hall.

It was hard to focus on the lesson. His body was shaky, his mind clouded with a hundred anxious thoughts. The exploration of 1800's literature was not making the list.

For once, he felt that a lecture ended too early. He didn't want to walk around campus so soon. He hadn't even gotten his nervous system to settle. Thankfully, Lance's way to the next two classes went smoothly. Nothing was out of the norm. Maybe he had been mistaken. Maybe he hadn't seen his worst nightmare going into administrations. Maybe he got the date wrong and he still had time.

When Lance heard a voice that slithered through his ears, giving him a far too familiar chill, he knew time was well and truly up. That all his hopes were nothing more than fleeting prays gone unanswered. He just wanted to go grab lunch! Get some work done! Catch up with Hunk! He couldn't do this, he didn't deserve this.

Lance slowly turned to face the source of the voice, things would be worse if he didn't, he knew that. How he wished he had listened to his mama and carried pepper spray on him.

"Lotor," Lance's voice was tight and every muscle in his body was taunt. His pulse pounded through every inch of his body.

"Hello, Lancey. Have you missed me? It's been so long without your alpha, hasn't it?" He stepped forward, Lance shuffled back.

"You are not my 'alpha'. That's not how things work anymore. I don't belong to anyone, and I sure as hell don't belong to you," Lance was trying to stay confident as anger and fear clashed throughout his body. He was dizzy.

"Oh now, don't be that way. You can't deny biological fate, biological instincts." Lotor was far too close. When had he moved again?

"Its basically the same as attraction, there is no fate."

"Well then my 'attraction' still pulls me to you. I'm sure yours isn't silent either."

"Yeah, it screams at me to never see you again. It's repulsion if anything," Lance couldn't take much more of this. He thought things had changed, he couldn't go back to how it had been.

Lotor raised and arm and reached for Lance, who flinched hard, but the cold, tough grip never came. Instead, a comforting hand pulled on his shoulder.

————————————————————————

"Hey, Lance. What's going on?"

Keith was leaving a class when he came across Lance. His first instinct was to go over and say hi, the delight of coming across him improving Keith's mood. Then, he fully saw what was happening. A tall guy was standing far to close to Lance, who looked like he'd rather be in hell than right there. He sprinted across the way and eventually caught up to them. Neither noticed. Not until Keith grabbed Lance's shoulder and put himself right next to him. Lance was shaking under his grip.