C H A P T E R . O 6

~ V ~

H O R R O R  F E S T

As the end of October was drawing near, Twilight Town High School's senior class was finishing up on their topics for the 125th annual Horror fest. Friday, October 30th, the school was to be open to the public as a festival. Each homeroom class was going to have its attraction and the best had the privilege of exempting one final.

So, naturally, there was a lot of enthusiasm and competition. However, all was in favor of Mr. Manny Flores’s 223 homeroom, which coincidentally had an entourage of beautiful people: Natalie Ortiz, Lizbeth Ariel, Ienso Zexion Lexicon, Dylan R. Arpeggio, Alex L. Phiree and, of course, Blake R. Yorushi. All their physical attributes were to be used in the class' Horror fest idea: A Halloween Café in which all gorgeous persons were to serve as waiters and waitresses. All class students who could sew eagerly designed the costumes and everyone helped out in obtaining everything they needed such as tables, cups and other dishware, a caffeine machine, snacks, several black lights to set the mood and the tech-savvy students were working on a rather impressive-looking menu and sign.

On the Thursday before the crucial Friday, the homeroom was having their wait staff try on their clothing.

Blake grunted as Sally tied the bow too tight around his neck. "Easy, Sally!" he grunted. His hands were stuck out at his sides to keep them out of the way as he was dressed.

"Oops, sorry, Blake!" Sally apologized cheerfully.

"So, Al, has you dad given you back your Zippos?"

"No," the redhead, who was standing several feet from him, said angrily. "Not until Christmas, he says. Christmas, Blake!" After the incident at the museum, Alex’s father, Ritchie, confiscated his entire Zippo Lighter Collection as punishment.

"But, ugh—!" Blake began but Sally tugged on his cuff, interrupting him, "—you know, your dad isn't really that much of a hardass. Maybe he'll give them back to you after Thanksgiving. Or maybe you can get him drunk sometime and ask him then."

"Y-yeah, I think he's gonna get totally smashed on Halloween, maybe I can—GAH!" he shouted as a Matilda Holmen buckled his belt too far. "Dammit, I may be scrawny, but I'm not that scrawny!" The redhead growled. "And what the hell am I supposed to be, anyway?"

"A dragon." Matilda said simply.

"A dragon wearing a suit?"

"Uh-huh."

"Weird shit—"

"Language, Mr. Phiree!" Mr. Perini said from his desk. Mr. Perini was a chunky, gruff man who had temporarily replaced Manny Flores several days earlier after the teacher left for a family emergency.

"Sorry, sir," Alex mumbled. He turned back to Matilda. "Why can't I be something classic like Natalie?"

The two looked over at the blonde girl, who was being fitted for her outfit several feet away. She had a wide-rimmed, black, pointy hate and a thin, black, pencil dress that fell into shreds at her feet. Natalie was a witch waitress, complete with a broomstick. She seemed quite pleased with her roll.

"Or a vampire like Blake?" the redhead continued to whine.

Blake's outfit was an old English suit, complete with a frilly tie and ornate decorations. How a student in his classroom acquired this, he didn't know. The only thing that allowed the raven-haired teen to be recognized as a vampire was two ivory fangs protruding from his mouth.

"Stop whining," Matilda snapped, she was the one who had thought of Alex's costume in the first place. "We're giving you makeup to make you look more like a dragon. Be grateful or we'll put you as the dishwasher instead."