T h r e e

Asiya's POV

When he opened the door for me I had a sudden feeling. If any aunts saw me this would look so wrong. I could smell a not suffocating but gentle hint of cologne. His car had a fresh scent to it, like spearmint.

He had nasheeds lowly playing in the background, we sat in silence just the sound of the wind blowing against the trees can be heard. The silence was making me extremely overwhelmed, as it finally hit me like a wave, this is so wrong what was I even thinking letting him do this.

I cleared my throat playing with my rings on my fingers gently. Staring at anything but him, I don't know if the proposal thing is still on. My family and his had always teased that we were getting married. My mother had us tangled in an arranged marriage. I was just 15 being 20 felt like it would take decades to finally reach me.

I'm assuming that my brother is against the whole marriage. The question was on the tip of my tongue. I shouldn't ask him what happened between him and my brother but, I couldn't help stay curious.

"So how's Noor?" He said breaking the silence, Noor's my cat, "she's getting lazier by the day." I laughed lowly my house was pretty close so we reached in no time.

I got out of the vechile and decided to get in more professional clothes since I was going to the hospital. First impressions are a thing.

Fit~

After freshening up, I realized that Yusuf was probably waiting on me and it's probably been 30 minutes

After freshening up, I realized that Yusuf was probably waiting on me and it's probably been 30 minutes. Maybe I should carry donuts for how late I already am, my dad is a Chef and owns his own bakery. So I'm sure I can go get 2 boxes.

I went downstairs and unplugged my phone putting it in my purse, I also putted napkins, touch-land hand sanitizer, and my lip combo.

I saw Yusuf sitting down in the couch in my living room, he was on his phone focused on a book or newspaper I presumed. I really dreaded to make him wait longer, the bakery was just a block away, but I still felt bad. I cleared my throat, he looked up and studied my face before he quickly looked elsewhere.

"Are you busy?" I asked him, he shook his head no, "I'm also heading to the hospital." He said,

Oh right, he's a neurosurgeon.

"Do you mind if I head to the bakery to pick up something?" I said in a low voice since I still felt quite bad for keeping him from work, "actually it's not necessary, I'll just have to deal with the stares." I rambled on, "no it's fine I'm not on duty yet I'm just meant to be there for some meeting." He said, so if he's already got a job, then he must be staying here, for good..
Can't tell how I feel about that.

"Alright, are you ready, do you need anything a drink or something?" I said, "no that's fine." He said, good cause I didn't want to be even more late.

I got in his car already suffocated in the scent, in a good way.

Once we reached I practically sped walked to the door swinging it open, "order for Asiya." I said quickly pulling out my card to pay.

I got 3 boxes, of some of my dad's most unique flavors.
The donuts:

I also got Yusuf a coffee, I thanked the girl, after paying I opened the door, going to Yusuf's car

It felt weird spending this time with him alone, it felt like we were married. "Here." I said putting the coffee in the cup holder, "for your troubles." I added, "it's really no problem Azzie." He said, again with the nickname.

I just nodded, once we reached, I was completely stunned.

Yusuf Rahman It read on one of the parking spots, "didn't you just get the job." I said in disbelief, "me and Ibrahim and good friends." He said, Ibrahim was our boss I barely even knew him I was kind of annoyed that this guy was getting special treatment.

He was being all modest about it, but that didn't make my mood feel better. Once he was parked I said "thank you.. for the ride." I said putting my mood in a jar so i don't come out as unappreciative.

"It's really no problem, thanks for the coffee." He said, once we were entering the hospital I followed behind him. Hating that people would assume we're together. We went to the counter it was a hijabi, "Assalamualaikum" I greeted her, "walaikum salam" she responded looking at Yusuf all lovey dovey eyes, i cleared my throat, "uhm where's the meeting room." I said, "to your left upstairs then take a right." She said Still looking at Yusuf, "okay..thank you." I said leaving, Yusuf following behind me, "she seemed nice." I said sarcastically, he just chuckled. Once we were at the meeting room he walked in first, making our boss Ibrahim turn around, once I entered behind him, my professor gave me a look. Making me want to just be swallowed up by the ground. Talk about first impressions,

I saw Yusuf whisper something to my boss he just nodded, "thank you for the donuts that I asked for, you can put it on the table for after the meeting." I gave Yusuf a look before smiling and obliging, I took a seat, Tahsin also gave me a look. I swear to god this bitch better not be for real. Someone gotta update him that I'm never going to be interested in marrying him, last semester he asked for my dad's permission leading me to tell him I wasn't ready for marriage. And I swear I saw his wife before so what is this guy trying to do?

Should've just turned him down, the poor guy probably thinks I'm interested. "As I was saying, each of you will have a training doctor to lead you, they'll test your skills and teach you what you need to know."

"Okay so let me tell you who your partnered with." I wasn't listening until he said my name "Asiya Hussain you with Yusuf who I'm sure you already know."

I must've look dumbfounded, me with that nightmare of a guy? I can't be partners with him, I rather be partners with someone I don't know.

After the meeting Yusuf approached me, he had a stupid grin on his face, "hey partner." He said in a teasing tone, he can't seriously be trying to flirt with me right now.

This'll be fun...
Note my sarcasm