🎄BONUS CHAPTER: Astaire's Holiday Special🎄 (Ft. Home)

(Thought y'all deserved a special lil Christmas present after all the lore toss)

Astaire sat on his little cloud in the deepest pit of the Dream Void, Harold sitting at his side while they just gazed at each other. "Did you miss me?" Astaire bit his lip. Harold narrowed his eyes. "No. I didn't have any mess to clean up. We saw this coming though, no?" He asked, looking back at his disturbing books in their corrupted symbols. 

"I had no idea what was happening next. All I saw were lesbians and crayola marker sniffers." He groaned, stretching his back on the cloud. Harold stared at his dear friend with unamusement. "Thug Bug!" Astaire giggled, watching his large caterpillar scoot into his arms with its fuzzy orange body segments. "And what is everyone saying? Do you know?" Harold asked, warping an ornament into the void and putting it into the stilled collection he had on an inked-in tree, one of the ornaments reading the word "gremlin" on it.

"They made a cult. I assume you already knew that." Astaire arched his back, tussling in his blue robe. "I'm so happy to not be wearing that crappy lab gown." He groaned, spreading his limbs like a star. "Yes. The gremlin cult." Harold chuckled, bringing his clawed hand up to his face.

"Such foolish readers. Should we spoil it?" Astaire giggled, rolling back on his stomach and leaning his arms on his hands. "Of course not. Not when it's so fun to see them all squirm with anticipation." Harold curated more ornaments into the air, each one featuring a cursed comment.

"Did they at least give you your meds? You seem so...mentally unstable." Harold paused his decorating to examine Astaire. He swatted his hand away as he felt his forehead. "They pumped me with melatonin. I just need my dream books back to see how the rest of this goes." He looked down at Thug Bug on his chest, staring at him with sleepy eyes. "Well before that, come help me decorate the void," Harold demanded, towering far over the lounging cloud as he warped in a box of decorations.

Astaire started hanging the golden trim, cheap and scattering gold streaks of paper everywhere. "Do tell me about what we didn't get to see." Harold requested as he put the branches of trees all around, making it look like he, Astaire, and Thug Bug were nested inside of a Christmas tree.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Except for some juicy intimacy at the cottage." Astaire bit his lip in excitement, his voice quiet but still holding its laughter. Harold raised his eyebrows, a little shocked. "Gracious. You should've been there." Astaire clicked his tongue, smirking as he posed flamboyantly.

"Oh, Wally!~" He did his best impression of you, kicking his leg up dramatically. "I'm a lonely masochist! Let's tease each other because we're both too scared to say we want to exchange saliva~" He batted his eyelashes as he stared into the distance. Harold just stared at him with fear and confusion.

He then returned to his casual stance, slightly spreading out his limbs to make him look muscular. He cleared his throat, preparing his impression of Wally. "Sounds good to me. My daughter is dead and I'm as self-aware as a kitchen cabinet." He tried to sound dark and brooding. Harold placed a hand on his hip, unimpressed.

Astaire went back to normal, speaking in his quiet and monotone voice. "You're hilarious," Harold said with sarcasm. "I try." Astaire shrugged, continuing to decorate.

By the time they were done, they were surrounded by pine needles decorated with colorful lights and ornaments with hilarious quotes on them. They sat on Astaire's cloud together, admiring the work they had done. "Shit sure goes on inside the factory, doesn't it?" Harold grinned, his hands folded on his chest. "We have no idea." Astaire chuckled slowly back.

"Yes we d-"

[authors note]

Merry Christmas!

 ©️ L1TTLE_R0TTEN