~ Ch.22: Seeing Red ~

! TW: imposter syndrome, hostage, drugging !

Your vision was blurred, and the room was dim and dark. The floor below you was cold, and your breathing was heavy. "Where am I..?" You asked yourself, trying to stand but being unable to. Your vision clears, and you see a pool of red under you.

But it wasn't blood.

You knew this because in the pool of red was a syringe with a red liquid. You looked down at your arms, seeing your hands up to your elbows were an inky black. Your veins were a glowing red.

"Ah. You're awake." The same thick Russian accent spoke. You looked up at Markceline, she had an evil smirk on her face.

"..What have you done to me..?" Your voice was in a low growl. Your throat hurt. "I'm saving you." Markceline crouched down in front of you. "I warned you about Wally..you didn't seem to listen. So I gave you a small dosage of the Red level of Rainbow Serum. Don't worry. It's already been tested." She explained maniacally.

"..Red? That's..that's the strength level. You drugged me with..with straight steroids!?" You yelled, pouncing at Markceline and pinning her to the ground.

You were shocked yourself since not only was Markceline older than you, she was much taller and extremely muscular.

"I see it's already working." She chuckled darkly. "W-What do you mean..? Why are you doing this to me!?" You snarled, becoming angrier and more aggressive. "One way or another, Walden  Darling will make you mad. And now that you're injected with this, you'll have no choice or no way to fight the fact that you'll rip him to shreds."

You began getting scared when she said this. She was right. You now had uncontrollable anger, paired with uncontrollable strength. You had no other choice but to isolate yourself from everyone, including Wally, to protect them all.

"But we aren't there yet." Markceline pushed you off of her, walking to a gate that you didn't notice. "First, you'll be fighting the creature that attacked me." She opened the gate, and out pounced the same creature that you assumed attacked Markceline. 

It was fleshy and deformed, colors splotched all over its body. Just as Markceline described when she told you her story.

That's what you couldn't piece together. This Markceline was the opposite of what you met earlier week.

You didn't have much time to think before the animal came pouncing at you. As soon as it did, you grabbed its paws and threw it down onto the floor. 

The creature started whimpering as you came closer to it. You opened the gate back up, and the animal went back inside.

Markceline kept a shocked expression on her face. She certainly didn't expect it to be so easy for you. You glared at her coldly. "I would never hurt Wally. Or anyone else." That's what you tried to tell yourself. You've been known for being a kind, loving, gentle person. 

"What have I become..?"

You've had your life taken from you all over again. Were you even the same person anymore? Are your thoughts separated from your body? 

Do you have control over å̷̡̛̜͙̦̱̱͖̙̐͐̓̕͠ň̵̡̯̠̟͈͇͓̥̭͐͂͂̓̃͊͐̚ỹ̷̮̏͑̿̍̂͘͝t̸̛͎͚̓̒͂͊̆̈́h̷̡̧͉̻̩͂̌́̈́̀͗͐̑̄̑î̴̥͖̀ņ̴̜͎̤̀͛̈́̋̌̀͘͠ǧ̵̪̫̟͕̻?

"Wally doesn't love you, [name]. You may think that now, but the only reason he saved you was because he couldn't find the time to terminate you. He's a busy man, after all~" She walked closer to you. You just stood still, looking at your hands. 

"..Terminate me..?" You looked up at her, a flashing red color in your eyes made Markceline squint. She handed you a folder. You opened the folder, reading your old termination date from eleven years ago. Eloise, they called you. Eloise, Eloise, Eloise.

"T-This isn't up to date...this is old." You scoffed. "He kept this in his desk, [name]. I don't think it's as out of date as you think." She smirked. That's when all realization hit you like a pound of bricks. Way back, weeks ago, when Wally was looking for your file for a "doctor's appointment". This...this was that doctor's appointment. "No..." You shuddered, hunched over your stomach as everything began to flash red.

"He found out about your plan long before you knew. He planned this all out. He isn't firing you, [name]." She pressed her combat boot on the file.

"He's killing you."

 ©️ L1TTLE_R0TTEN