"𝗜'𝗺 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗜𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗥𝗼𝗯𝗯𝗶𝗻𝘀!" (𝟭𝟳 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀)

Grace knew how things had been with her and Derek since Mark turned up in Seattle. Mark's words had stayed with Grace. Her relationship with Derek was all but over. Neither one would admit it though.

The tension between them both had been heightened a lot. And it was all down to how Mark had arrived. Grace knew she wanted him to go back to New York. So she could try and make her relationship work.

She somehow just wanted to go back in time. So she could not sleep with Mark. Then she and Derek would have been happy. But it wasn't going to happen.

Grace knew how Derek was in love with Bella Robbins. It was so obvious to anyone who saw it. She just didn't know how to feel about it.

She didn't want her relationship to end how it would. But even she knew there was no point fighting it. Not anymore. She knew she and Derek just needed to sit down and talk things through.

Grace was currently in the Vets. Doc, their dog had been unwell. So they were getting him checked out. Grace loved the little dog. He brightened up her day seeing him.

Derek looked to Finn and sighed. "That's it? That's your diagnosis?" He asked. Knowing how he wanted the dog to be okay.

Bella rolled her eyes. "Yes, he said bone cancer, so that would be his diagnosis," she told him.

"I heard him. I was double checking."

Grace and Finn both sensed the tension in the room between Bella and Derek. She sighed as she looked to him.

"I still need to do a bone scan to see how far it's spread. Osteosarcomas are aggressive, but we can try and treat it with chemo or remove the tumor entirely. If it's spread too far, we may have to amputate the limb," Finn told them.

Derek shook his head. "At that point, should we even bother?" He asked.

Bella frowned as she turned to him. "Oh, right. Let's just let him die?" She said.

Derek shared a look with Bella. "I don't want him to suffer, Bella," he told her. He knew he was in love with her. But he needed to sort it with Grace.

"Right."

****

Grace, Derek and Bella were in the elevator at the hospital after leaving the vets. Grace looked between them both. "So what's...I mean, is there something going on?" She asked.

Derek and Bella both shook their heads. "No."

Grace nodded. "Did you guys have a fight, or something?"

"No," Both Derek and Bella spoke at the same time.

"So...we're all still...friends?"

"Yes."

Derek and Bella both got off the elevator. Grace stood there. She was feeling nothing but confusion.

****

Addison saw her sister standing in the hallway of the hospital. She rolled her eyes. "There's been a shooting. Be careful. Okay?"

"Always Addie."

Addison smiled and hugged her. She watched as Grace walked off. Addison knew she was protective of her only sister. She had been through a lot.

Addison knew how Grace had messed up by sleeping with Mark. But she had tried endlessly to make it right.

****

"White male. GSW to the left shoulder."

Grace nodded. "Why are they all in the hallway?" She asked as she looked around.