Chapter 3: The search

As the girls continued their discussion about the missing geodes, Sunset felt an ever-growing sense of unease and mounting stress that eventually compelled her to excuse herself from the room. Her abrupt departure didn't escape Rarity's keen eye.

"Are you alright, darling?" Rarity inquired with genuine concern, her graceful demeanor masking her worry.

Sunset paused, her back to the room, attempting to wear a brave face. "Y-yeah... I'm alright. I just needed some fresh air to clear my mind," she replied, her voice betraying her true feelings of uncertainty. She turned to Rainbow Dash, who was the closest to her. "Do you have any water, Rainbow?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Yeah, there's a water dispenser in the living room. Just go straight down the hallway and turn right."

"Thanks, Dash," Sunset acknowledged with a nod.

Following Rainbow's guidance, Sunset found herself in the living room. She picked up a pristine cup from the table, filled it with water, and leaned against the hallway wall. She took a deep breath and sighed heavily, her mind in turmoil.

The water did little to quell her anxiety, with thoughts of the missing geodes and the sudden appearance of her human counterpart weighing heavily on her mind. Sunset needed clarity and focus, yet her thoughts remained chaotic.

Meanwhile, Twilight emerged from Rainbow Dash's room and, like Sunset, headed for the water dispenser. Her gaze fell upon Sunset, who stood alone with her troubled expression.

"Are you alright, Sunset?" Twilight asked, concern evident in her voice.

Sunset looked at her half-full glass of water and let out a sigh. She hesitated, feeling a twinge of embarrassment about revealing her anxiety and stress regarding the day's unexpected events. She typically maintained a confident, level-headed demeanor to prevent her friends from worrying.

"I'm fine, Twilight," Sunset replied, her voice steadier. "Just thinking about the missing geodes..." She hesitated, her thoughts drifting to her human counterpart. "And my human counterpart as well."

Curiosity mixed with anxiety in Sunset's eyes as she met Twilight's gaze. "S-So why does my human counterpart want to see me?" She continued, her thoughts racing. "Does she know about me? If she does, is she... Is she going to want to meet me so she can punch me in the face because I stole her identity in the human world? No, I mean, I shouldn't be worried. I—wait—what was she like? Does she look like me? Does she also act like me? What did she say?"

Twilight stood by Sunset's side, her eyes focused on the floor as she wrestled with her own concerns. "About that..." she began slowly, her voice tinged with hesitation. "I wanted to talk to you first about what happened back there before I told the girls."

With a gravity in her tone, Twilight recounted their encounter with Sunset's human counterpart, sharing her doubts and unease about the situation

With a gravity in her tone, Twilight recounted their encounter with Sunset's human counterpart, sharing her doubts and unease about the situation. "It might just be my imagination, but Sunset, my alimentary canal, is telling me that there's something off about her demeanor."