Chapter 2: Shimmer in white

Twilight and Pinkie found themselves momentarily struck speechless, their eyes locked onto the figure before them—a woman who bore a striking resemblance to their friend, Sunset Shimmer, though with noticeable differences in her hair and attire.

With a gentle, gracious smile, the woman who resembled Sunset spoke, her tone now polite and welcoming. "I must beg your forgiveness for any prior lack of courtesy. It seems I have been remiss in providing a proper introduction. My name is Sunset Shimmer. I hail from Manehattan and am presently visiting the illustrious Canterlot City." She extended her hand toward the two girls. Pinkie Pie eagerly accepted, her excitement palpable, while Twilight regarded this Sunset with a hint of suspicion, unnerved by her unreliable smile and the somewhat intimidating aura she exuded. She analyzed her silently and thought, "This is probably Sunset's human counterpart."

Pinkie, still shaking Human Sunset's hand with boundless enthusiasm, gushed, "Golly! You must be our friend's human version! You're so different from her! Your short hair, your style, you look so-"

Twilight intervened, gently placing her hand over Pinkie's mouth and pulling her aside, offering a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry for my friend here. She consumed a lot of sweets today, which is likely the cause of her high energy."

Pinkie Pie shot Twilight a disapproving look, but Human Sunset's unnerving smile remained

Pinkie Pie shot Twilight a disapproving look, but Human Sunset's unnerving smile remained. Twilight knew she needed to steer the conversation in a different direction to avoid any awkwardness. She glanced at the breast pocket of Human Sunset's attire and seized upon a topic. "Oh! You must be a student at Everton University! I rarely see anyone from that prestigious school. I intend to enroll there soon because I've heard that their Engineering Science program has a lot of fantastic offers!"

"Indeed, they do present a plethora of enticing propositions," Human Sunset concurred. "Following your visit, I would be delighted to arrange a tour of Manehattan for your enjoyment."

"Totally!" Twilight replied with a nervous chuckle.

Pinkie freed her mouth from Twilight's grasp, took a deep breath, and launched a barrage of questions. "Is that guy beside you your butler? Are you rich? Do you own a mansion? What's your butler's name? Have you met our friend, Sunset? She's you, but a pony version-"

Twilight's hand again restrained Pinkie's mouth, and she continued to laugh nervously. "Like I said, she's very hyper, and she doesn't even know what she's talking about. We're very sorry. We must have been wasting your time. We should take our leave now."

As Twilight Sparkle started to lead Pinkie away to make a hasty exit, Human Sunset called out to them, halting their retreat. "Why the hurry, I wonder? We still have ample time for conversation. There's certainly no time-wasting involved here," she remarked with a genteel tone.

Human Sunset directed her attention towards them and extended a warm smile, although it seemed to slightly unsettle Twilight. "I must say, your mention of this friend has piqued my curiosity. They do indeed seem to be a rather captivating individual," she remarked with a gentle smile. "I would be most grateful if you could share additional details about them."