Chapter 15 : The Bully

Stephanie's POV

Luckily it went through and as expected, Hunter&Sons ssucceeded and many companies invested in them after the merger. This made Mark&Co reduce in stock price and their companies was declining a lot.
I couldn't bring myself to see Lewis so I left without a word and moved in with Mason.
He invited me to the company dinner, saying that I was a blessing that came to him.
At the company dinner, he introduced me as his girlfriend to everyone. This news made a pretty good headline and everyone now knew me as the girlfriend of Hunter&Sons CEO.

A few days later, I went to my old house to get some of my old stuff. I didn't pack much because Mason had practically changed everything I was using and wearing.
"You only deserve the best", he would say to me.
I had just finished packing when I heard the doorbell ring. To my surprise, it was Lewis at the door and he came storming into the house.
"It was you all along?"
"You leaked the papers?"
"How could you Steph?"
"I trusted you!!", He said angrily.
"I don't know what you're talking about Lewis, stop making a scene and leave", I lied to him.
"I checked the CCTV footage of the day before the merger between Hunter&Co and ***** company was announced, so don't fucking lie to me!", He said at the top of his voice.
"Oh and news flash, I saw the news article."
"You've been cheating on me with that bastard and you snuck into my office to help him", He said to me.
I was silent all through and I couldn't say a word.

"Or wait, did you approach me with the aim to bring me down?"
"Was this all part of you and your lover's plans?", He asked painfully.
"No, Lewis. How could you even say that", I said to him.
"Sure I took pictures of the documents but I didn't know that it meant that big of a deal", I lied.
I knew how big it was and I willingly did it.
"And don't you say anything bad about Mason."
"He was always there for me when you were too busy and he made me feel loved and appreciated."
"If only you had paid more attention to me, maybe I wouldn't have cheated or betrayed you!", I said with tears in my eyes.
"Or maybe you could have said something about it", He said while looking at me straight in the eye.
I looked at him with a hurt face.
"You hurt me Stephanie Myers."
"And you made a really big mistake."
"Don't ever show up in front of me or my company again, or you'll regret it", He said finally as he banged the door and left.
That was the last time I ever saw him, and just like that, he disappeared from my life.

END OF FLASHBACK

I was shaken from my thoughts when I heard a knock on my car window. I recognised the person as Lewis' best friend Kaden. He opened the door and sat in the front seat and greeted me.
"To what do I owe this surprise, Kaden?"
"I thought you hated me for breaking your best friend's heart?", I asked.
"I'm here for business Stephanie."
"You had me impressed when you betrayed Lewis".
"You see, I'm tired of being Lewis' little friend and I want to stand up again him."
"I figured that you're the best person for the job because you've betrayed him once and you can do it again."
"I want to bring him down and I know you can do it."
"What do you say?", He looked at me in expectation.
I couldn't believe it.
This was the same person that almost beat me up for hurting Lewis and I was sure he hated my guts.
Now he wanted my help to ruin Lewis?
"And what do you want me to do?", I carefully asked.
"I want you to tip off a reporter and tell them that the CEO of Mark&Co is screwing his secretary."
"I would have done it myself but I don't want to get my hands dirty and people will be more likely to publish it if it came from a popular person like you."
Was I dreaming?
This so called best friend of Lewis wanted to take him down seriously. How could someone change so easily?
Sure, I wasn't one to talk, but this was plain scary.
"Tell me, why are you doing this?", I asked him curiously.
"Because I fucking hate him", He said with contempt.
"He always got the good things and I never had anything."
"I thought that he was my friend but no, he sees me as a pushover and someone who doesn't deserve anything."
"I saw that secretary girl first but he already took her away and now I want real revenge", He said with anger.

I was so shocked by his confession.
All this was because he felt inferior?
I wasn't going to to that dirty job again for anyone.
I looked at him with disgust.
"Why are you looking at me like that", he asked angrily.
"You're disgusting", I said.
"You want to bring down your friend who's been there for you ever since you were kids."
"Your inferiority will only lead you to the wrong path and I for sure won't be holding your hand leading you there", I said bluntly.
He was taken aback by my response but he composed himself.
"You're one to talk, you're the one who fell in love with your boyfriend's bully and helped the bully bring him down", he said with a smirk.
"Bully?"
"What the hell are you yapping about?", I asked him, having no clue of what he meant.
"Lewis and Mason were classmates in high school."
"Mason would always bully him whenever he had the chance."
"He always took whatever Lewis had but Lewis never retaliated."
"Soon after, Lewis' family moved cities so the bullying was finally over." "But some years later, he found out that Mason had also developed his own company and he tried his best to avoid him at all costs."
"You should have seen the look on his face when he found out that you were  Mason's girlfriend." He said, and laughed at my shocked face.
"You look like you've seen a ghost", he said.
I couldn't say a word as I was shocked to my bones.
"Anyways, thanks for wasting my time, it's your loss after all", he said as he opened the door and left.
"I....helped Lewis' bully?", I thought to myself as I tried to put the pieces together.
Mason had approached me because he knew I was Lewis' girlfriend and he used me to bring Lewis down. It was all part of his plan and I was a pawn in his game.
I droved off to Mason's company, ready to get answers from him.