Chapter 6

Rain sighs and wipes the already clean counter again. His shop has always been clean but now it is absolutely spotless. Since the Tasty Treat opened two weeks ago he hasn't had much more to do than clean and look up new recipes that will go to waste if he makes them for the bakery.

As expected he hasn't even had enough customers to justify the daily cost of running the bakery and it's starting to cut into his savings. He'll have to make the decision soon; he can't keep running the bakery at a loss.

He decides to close the bakery early, no reason not to. He'll pick Lys up from school, he wants to talk to her anyway. He packs his leftover product in a box, he'll drop it off at Sky's shop. He has cut his morning production by a fourth and it's still too much.

"Rain, I am going to get fat," Sky says.

"You would look cute fat," P'Pai calls from behind the counter. Sky rolls his eyes and ignores him.

"Impossible," Rain says, "you have one of the highest metabolisms I've ever seen. I just can't stand seeing them go stale."

"No customers again today?" Sky asks.

"Two," Rain says, "an older couple that said they didn't have the patience to wait in the line at Tasty Treats. Most people are excited for the new bakery."

"I'm sorry," P'Pai says for the hundredth time, and Rain knows he means it.

"It's just business," Rain says but he can't help the slightly depressed tone his voice takes on. "Will P'Phayu be back tomorrow?" The alpha has been on a business trip to Bangkok for the last few days, and that's the second reason Rain feels depressed. He misses him. He tries to tell himself that P'Phayu will eventually go back to Bangkok when this branch of Tasty Treats is established. P'Pai's family has already gone back and now it's just the two alpha's left. He shouldn't come to depend on P'Phayu so much, but the undeniable truth is he already misses the alpha.

"I'm going to go pick Lys up, I'm sure the two of you can figure out a way to work off the calories from the pastries." Rain says with a false sense of cheerfulness.

Sky flushes and glares at him, pretty much confirming Rain's suspicion that the two of them are a thing. As if it were hard to guess when P'Pai spends every minute he's not working at Sky's shop.

Rain is waiting for Lys outside the school and she says goodbye to her friends and comes ovr to where he is.

"P'Rain, I didn't know you were going to pick me up today." Lys says.

"I thought we would pick up dinner on the way home," Rain says, "Burgers?" Lys is currently on a kick where she loves western style food, luckily the local cafe offers some selections for the teens in town.

After dinner Rain sits Lys down and says, "I have something I need to ask you. How would you feel if we had to move back to Bangkok? P'Pai has offered to help me start up a small bakery in an upscale neighborhood. There is a nice school there and we could get a little house of our own with what P'Pai would buy the bakery for."

"I would be sad to leave my friends, and P'Sky and P'Ple." Lys says.

"So would I," Rain admits.

"We would be together, though." Lys says.

"That's true," Rain says.

"There are also good things about living in Bangkok, more places to go and more things to do." Lys says thoughtfully.

"That is also true," Rain says. "My little sister is very wise."

"So will we move back to Bangkok?" Lys asks.