Chapter 2

"Phi, handsome movie star uncle is here again!" Lys calls loudly.

Rain stands up too fast, forgetting that there is a shelf above him and hits himself in the head. For a moment he swears he sees stars.

He grabs the cookie boxes he came to the storeroom to get and goes back out front.

Not a chance the alpha hadn't heard his sister's shout, they had probably heard her next door in the hardware store.

"Eirlys!" Rain says glaring at his sister. "I'm sorry, P'Phayu."

P'Phayu looks like he is trying to stop himself from laughing. "It's fine. How are you today, Lys?"

Rain's sister almost bounces with excitement. "Awesome," she says, "P'Sky is babysitting me tonight, we are going to camp out in his store, and we are going to watch the One Piece live action series."

P'Phayu asks, "P'Sky?"

"P'Sky is P'Rain's friend, and he owns the best store in the world, he knows all the best anime, manga, and comics. I especially love One Piece but some of the Western Comics are great too. I love Iron Man and Thor and Loki and Dr. Strange and Hulk. P'Rain says we are nerds, but P'Sky says he's just jealous that we are so cool." Lys rushes on.

Rain laughs at the bemused expression on P'Phayu's face. The alpha looks like he might have understood about half of those words. "Enough, Lys. Sky will be here to pick you up in a few minutes, go get your backpack and sleeping bag." Lys hops down off her stool and goes to get her things with an excited squeal.

"I'm sorry, Phi," Rain says again, "She is a little hyper sometimes."

"It's okay," P'Phayu says, "It's cute. So do you have a date tonight?"

Rain laughs at this, "I wish." Then he blushes, realizing how that sounds, "What I mean is I have an order for a birthday party and an engagement party tomorrow and I will be up most of the night making cookies and cakes. Normally I would ask Ple to come to help but her and Som's parents are in town. At least I have Sky to take care of Lys for me. I don't know what I would do otherwise."

"Can I do something to help?" P'Phayu asks.

"Can you bake?" Rain says, he means it as a joke.

"I know a thing or two," The alpha answers seriously. "I promise I won't get in the way."

"I couldn't ask you to do that." Rain says.

"You aren't asking, I am volunteering." P'Phayu says.

Rain really could use the help; he could not afford to turn down two such big orders but both coming at the same time meant he probably wouldn't be able to sleep until he closed the bakery tomorrow night. No even then he would still have Lys to take care of. He knew from experience that he would be dead on his feet by the time he crawled into bed. While he loved his job, sometimes he resented how much time it took, he barely had any time to give to Lys as it was. Plus, he had the added problem of trying to be both a parent and an older brother to her. Rain sighs, it can't be helped.

"Okay then, let me impose on you please." Rain says.

Rain closed up the bakery early after Sky picked up Lys. Sky being the absolute bestest friend in the world brought dinner. Rain could have kissed him for that. There was even plenty to share with P'Phayu so he could at least feed the alpha for his help.

"I love you, Sky." Rain says, throwing his arms around his friend.

"Ew, get off me." Sky says, pushing Rain away. "Let's go, Lys. I have caramel popcorn."