Chapter 15: Training and Relevations: Li Mei

About a week has passed since Shinnok's defeat and Manado and Zaveer can be seen walking through a clearing in the same forest that the S.F. team fought against Kotal Kahn's forces.

"I still can't believe you can turn into that nightmare thing." Zaveer says.

"Believe me, I have a hard time believing it myself." Manado says.

He then looks towards his son.

"So... how are things going with the Cassandra and Jacqueline?" Manado asks.

"Things have actually been going great. Obviously Johnny welcomed the relationship with open arms. Sonya and Jax.. it took a bit of convincing before they could accept it." Zaveer explains.

"Can't say I'm surprised. They've been through a lot. They don't want their kids going through the same things they went through. That's why I didn't want you involved in the civil war in Outworld." Manado explains.

"Can't say I don't understand why. I just wish I could've been there to help settle things with mom." Zaveer says.

"I know. But things will get better. I can promise you that." Manado says as he puts his hand on Zaveer's shoulder.

Zaveer looks at his father, a soft smile forms on his face.

"Thanks dad." Zaveer says.

Manado pats his shoulder a couple times before the two continue on their walk through the woods. After awhile, the Chujins notice what appeared to be some kind of campsite that had a large tent and a campfire in front. The flames on the fire have indicated that it has been lit very recently. Manado then looks at the symbols on the tent and recognizes them as coming from Outworld, specifically from Sun Do.

"Looks like we're here." Manado says.

"I gonna be honest with you. I never thought that anybody would ask you to train them in kombat." Zaveer says.

"I will admit, it came right out of the blue, but Li Mei wishes to defend her village in case anything attacks it again, which is why I agreed to train her." Manado explains.

Suddenly, footsteps catch their attention and they quickly look around in search of the source. After a moment of not seeing anything, a voice breaks the eerie silence of the forest.

"I'm glad you managed to find this place." The voice says.

The Chujins turn around to see Li Mei on the south side of camp, carrying wood for the fire.

"Took awhile, but we found it nonetheless" Manado says.

"Well I'm just glad you're here either way." Li Mei says.

"Since we're here, I believe proper introductions are in order. Li Mei, this is my son, Zaveer." Manado introduces.

"It's an honor to meet you Zaveer." Li Mei says.

"Likewise, Li Mei." Zaveer says.

"Anyway, since we're here, are you ready for your training?" Manado asks.

"Im as ready as I'll ever be." Li Mei says.

Manado then smiles.

"Then let your training commence." Manado says.

As the days pass, Manado, with the assistance of Zaveer, has been teaching Li Mei in the ways of kombat, using the knowledge he learned from both his time as Raiden's champion and his time in Outworld. Starting off with simple punches, kicks and occasionally fighting stances but as time progresses, Manado starts to teach her how to do more complex moves. Days have turned into weeks and Manado has grown quite fond of his new student. He knew that they were friends but something about her made him feel like there was more than meets the eye, but what those feelings were, Manado decided to push them aside for now. Eventually, Manado believes that Li Mei is ready. On the last day of training, Li Mei stands before Manado.