Chapter 3: Captured: Manado Chujin

A bad headache is what wakes Manado from a deep slumber. It takes him awhile to fully wake as he aches in pain from his head. When he does, he looks around, realizing that he is no longer in the town of Z'unkahran, but what appears to be the interior of a tent. He then turns his attention to the doorway. What he sees is that the location appears to be some kind of jungle and there were other tents scattered around the area so Manado figured he was at some kind of camp. Guarding the tent he was in were two Tarkatans wearing bladed armour and had their arm blades unsheathed. Manado then begins to realize what happened.

"Mileena..." Manado whispers.

This word brought the attention of the Tarkatans. Seeing that he was awake, they ran off, obviously to inform Mileena. Manado then tries to stand up from the chair he was in but couldn't move because of the shackles that were bound to his arms. After about a moment, Mileena arrives along with Rain and Tanya, and of course the two Tarkatans that informed her.

"Ah, Manado, we meet again." Mileena says.

"Mileena." Manado replies.

"I can bet that you are wondering why I brought you here." Mileena says.

"Yeah, I do wonder why you decided to kidnap me." Manado replies sarcastically.

"Don't get smart with me. Now, the reason I brought you here is a simple one. Revenge." Mileena explains.

"Revenge? What... (realization) Oh for the Elder God's sake. We are not doing this again, Mileena." Manado says.

"Silence! Not only is it your fault I was locked up, but you also took Zaveer away from me!" Mileena snaps.

"How many times must I say this? I have tried to help you Mileena! I have tried to get you to understand the problems that were right in your face but you decided to ignore them! And I've said this before, but I didn't want our son to get involved in this mess. Zaveer doesn't deserve dealing with all of this. Why can't you see that?" Manado explains.

Mileena was about to lash out before realizing that would only cause more problems so she takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I've told you many times before that I would never ally with Earthrealm. Unlike the false emperor that is Kotal." Mileena says.

"Mileena, you know that I would never let you attack Earthrealm. I would have never let you attack my friends, my mentor." Manado points out.

At this point, Mileena had enough.

"I'm done hearing this, you will obey me and aid in my reclaiming of the throne of Outworld." Mileena says.

"Not of it means you threatening the realms like Shao Kahn." Manado says.

"You will aid me! If not willingly, then I will have no choice but to use force." Mileena says.

Mileena then takes out one of her sais.

"Why bother Mileena? Nothing you can do hasn't been done to me already." Manado asks.

"Believe me, Chujin, my methods can be very... convincing." Mileena says.

Manado, realizing the situation, knew that he has to get out as soon as he can. He then tries to escape the shackles binding his arms and with a strong pull, along with use of his magic, manages to rip himself free from his bindings.

"You just couldn't cooperate with me, could you? Restrain him!" Mileena orders.

Rain, Tanya and the Tarkatans charge into the tent. Manado responds by slamming his fist into the ground and red energy engulfs them, causing them to seize before they fall to the ground unconscious.