03.

G R E Y S O N

"Greyson," Joanna said yawning. "What do you want to do in life?"

Greyson turned into his side and looked at the clock on his bedside table.

It flashed 1:21 a.m.

The two had been talking for hours and neither wanted to stop. Greyson was slowly falling asleep and by her yawn, he knew Joanna was too. Still the two kept talking.

"I don't know," Greyson said after a minute. "I mean I know I want to do something -- help people in a way -- I just don't know what I want to do in life, you know?"

"Yeah. I know."

"Joanna?"

"Hmm?" She sounded like she was two seconds away from passing out.

"Do you ever think we'll meet each other for real?"

"Hmm... I hope. I really like you Greyson."

"Yeah. I really like you too, Joanna."

By the sudden quietness, Greyson knew Joanna fell asleep on him. He whispered goodnight to the air, turned on his side, and fell right asleep.

When Greyson got up that morning the first thing he did was look out the window. The snow had stopped falling yet it seemed like it was never going to melt. He knew he didn't have school today which he was overjoyed about but he still had to finish the homework he was doing when Joanna and he first talked. He decided to put it off until after breakfast.

As he walked down the steps he started to smell the yummy goodness of the chocolate banana pancakes his mom was making, his favorite type of pancakes.

"What's the special occasion ma?" He asked as he jumped up and sat on the counter right next to where she was cooking the pancakes.

"Well son, it's snowing and that always means chocolate banana pancakes."

"Yum," he said sticking his finger in the batter that had splashed on the side of the bowl. "I agree 100 percent."

"I'm sure you do," Greyson's mom said while flicking a bit of the batter at him.

"Mother!"

"Child!"

Greyson just shook his head with mirth and reached over her to grab one of the already made pancakes while she just rolled her eyes at his lack of utensil use.

"Where's Jane?" Greyson asked his words muffed from the pancake he was chewing.

"Ew, Greyson, finish chewing first."

"Where is she?"

"Your sister went to her friends a few minutes ago."

"Oh cool ok."

"What are you gunna do today?"

"I have some homework to finish and then after that I don't know."

"Ok. Well if you want we can go get lunch later or something."

"Yeah sure," Greyson said as he grabbed two more pancakes and hopped off the counter. "Thanks for the food ma, I'm gunna go do homework now."