5

Thanks for 100+ reads 💪💪💪
__________________________

"Please tell me you're not colorblind,"
You squinted at your dog friend as you watched him analyze two different geodes.

"I'm not, only actual dogs are colorblind like that! I just don't remember what the colors mean..."
He admitted, his posture deflating.

"If it's red, there's probably iron. And if it's green, there's probably nickel,"

He looked at you with a shocked expression,
"How'd you remember that?!"

You shrugged,
"Not sure, it kind of just stuck with me,"

Gorou slumped over his desk with a defeated sigh,
"It's too much to memorize!"

"Don't worry Gorou, we still have a few days till the quiz, I'm sure you'll get it down by then,"
You comforted your roommate, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He leaned his face into your hand, not really aware of how that's not really what roommates do, though it was a little cute.
"I hope you're right,"

Seeing your roommate down in the dumps, you decided he needed a change of scenery.
"How about we go to town for a little bit? Maybe get some food?"

His ears perked up and the light within him reignited when he heard this,
"Yes please!"

You chuckled at his eagerness, and soon the two of you were leaving the dorm hall and venturing off campus.

The university's proximity to this nice town was one of its many selling points, having various small shops while also having the usual chains.

You stepped into a cozy bakery and got small cake for the two of you to share, sitting down at a table near the window.

It was a gray day, but with the warm lights in the street, it was still enjoyable.

Gorou enjoyed his time with you, and it wasn't just because you always funded his dessert addiction either. Although he already had a best friend, in the short time he'd known you, he'd already decided you'd be comrades for life, and hoped you felt the same.

"Gorou, you mentioned you had brothers before. What're they like?"
You questioned, not wanting to stay silent for too long.

He swallowed the cake in his mouth before answering,
"I have four older brothers, and they're great! Three of them are also in college right now,"

"Really? Do they go here?"

He shook his head,
"No, they go to [some other college]. Since they're all in the same place, they were able to get an apartment this year. They wanted me to go there too but..."

You saw his posture deflate as he finished his sentence,
"I didn't make it in..."

You slid the rest of the cake towards him,
"That's alright, you can always transfer in the future. And besides, if you did get in, I wouldn't have ended up with the best roommate in the world!"

You weren't sure if saying that last part was the right move, but it seemed to cheer him up.

"You really mean that? I think you're the best roommate too!"
If the two of you weren't sitting on opposite sides of a table, he would've given you the tightest hug he could muster.

You were so nice!

While Gorou finished up the cake, you couldn't help but think about the absurdity of your current situation.

Here you were, comforting a fictional character who didn't even exist a month ago!

There were definitely a lot of similarities between their new real selves and their game versions though, mainly their lack of supernatural powers or strength.

Somehow the animal physiology made it through though.

Soon enough the two of you were back in your dorm room, getting ready to pick up where you left off.

Gorou let out a satisfied sigh as he stretched,
"Woo! I feel so re-energized now! Thanks again for the cake, (y/n),"

"No problem Gorou, just try to use that energy while it's there,"

Feeling your phone buzz, you checked your phone to see a message from your art history buddy.

[Chalk Prince]
There's a group project coming up
Do you want to be my partner?
I will give you snacks

You laughed silently at his bribe and quickly texted him back.

[You]
Sounds good
I'll bring my amazing attitude

Well it looked like you knew what you'd be doing next week.

________________________

Albedo chapter next (idk when that will be btw let's hope soon)