Chokes, sobs, to smiles

Pearl sits me down an her two seater couch. She starts to choke sob a bit. Tears roll town her cheek and onto her pale slender hands.

"Pearl? Honey what's wrong?" I start to run my hands along her tentacles for reassurance, starting from the cream colored parts to those dark pink tips.

"I- I just don't want to give you any financial problems either... I m-mean think about it! two people equal twice as much on the bills and stuff... but I don't really have a choice either... Cod I'm sorry..." She continues to sob... My Cod she sounds like she can barely breathe...

I pull her in to hug her... yet she dosent move herself away when I release my grasp, she just stays there laying her head in the crook of my neck and she let's out all her tears... on my neck... my neck is all wet now...

"Shh... shh... I'm here Pearlie... I've got you.." I hug her again, holding her tighter with every loud sob that escapes her mouth.

"Look at me Pearl, look me in the eyes... Honey it's okay... I make enough money each month to pay the bills for two people, heck I could pay for like four!! You can move in with me, besides," I grab her hand, Interlocking her squared off fingers with my teal tipped ones. "It would be good for us to bond again."

"I...yeah... I'm sorry I haven't mentioned that earlier... I want us to share such a bond that we're inseparable again... I just didn't know how to start after stopping for that long..." Pearl looks me in the eyes, I look back.

"Me too.." I give her a soft smile.

"... care to join me for dinner then?" Pearl says with one raised eyebrow and a smirk, giving a little sniffle at the end.

"Of course. We have time to kill before then though, it's only 4:35. You just wanna order takeout?" I ask, getting up from the couch hastily.

"Mmm... Takeout... you wanna hit that soup spot down the road?" Pearl says pulling out her phone. "I'll call them if you want." Pearl starts to drool a bit at just the mention of the soup spot down the road. It's her favorite spot to eat and she's good friends with the owners actually! It's a small business and she's been they're#1 costumer for a few years now. The owners name is Daleo and his wife is named Marisai. I've met them before, they're some really nice crustaceans! 

"Yeah of course! I know it's your favorite so... I wouldn't say no to that."  I say, giving Pearl a small pat on the head.

Pearl releases a small chuckle "Quit pettin me like a sea snail!"

"Nah, your too cute for me to stop doing that." I give Pearl yet another pat on the head.

"You flirting with me Iida?" Pearl looks up at me with a sparkle in her eye and her signature goofy looking grin.

"No, but are you flirting with me Houzuki?! I mean you asked if I wanted to stay for dinner so... hm?" I say kneeling down to her level.
"So... what is it hm? You flirting?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not!" Pearl scoots over to stand up. "Enough on flirting though! I'm hungry." She grabs the wall phone and puts in the number for the soup spot. "Alright... Hey Daleo! Uh huh... yea the usual, oh and Rina's Usual too!... Uh huh... for delivery yes... alright thanks man!!" Pearl puts the phone back on the dock. "Alright, they take a bit to get here but it's worth it. What do you want to to for the time being?"

Me and Pearl take about 15 minutes for a good chat.

"And so she took him by the shirt and—"
Pearl gets cut off by a frantic knock at the door. "Foods not here already is it? This some type of teleportation delivery here?" In fact it is not. Pearl opens the door to find the landlord standing tall and wide with a stern expression on the woman's face. "Ah! Mrs. Pegitio! What a surprise..." Pearl said sarcastically.