Chapter 32- A Secret.

I opened my eyes as soon as i heard the door close.

I was breathing heavily and thank the lord my heart had only increased slightly, otherwise he would have noticed.

Ryan freaking Stark had admitted he was in love with me.

Granted i was unconscious and wasn't really supposed to hear his confession yet, but HOLY HELL!!

He loved me.

He really freaking loved me.

My heart hammered.

I'll be damned...

Did i love him back?

Was i in love with the infamous Ryan Stark?

Who was i kidding? Of course i was.

I lay awake at night thinking about him, the way he moves, the way he says my name...

If it isn't love it's a very unhealthy obsession.

It was only then that i realised i wasn't alone.

"Doctor." I said with a nod.

"Naomi." He chuckled. "Seems you heard Mr Starks confession."

I nodded. The brown haired doctor smiled. "Ahh young love." He said with another chuckle. "How i miss it." I saw him look down with a smile at the gold band around his third finger on his left hand.

"You regret getting married?" I asked confused.

"Oh, no no no, the exact opposite. I love my wiffe dearly, i mearly meant i missed the dramatic first confession of love. Mine was much less dramatic, i told Cathy when she broke up with her ass of an ex. I was the best friend, the shoulder to cry on. In the end, i was the guy that she had loved all along."

I smiled. "I think your is more dramatic than this... And a lot sweeter too. Least your gets a happy ending." I mumbled the last part but he still heard.

"You can have a happy ending my dear. Just remember, never go to bed angry, forgive and forget, and a jealous boyfriend is a caring one."

"That's your great advice?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"That's all the advice you'll need, the rest comes naturally."

He finished checking me over and scribbled noted down on a pad.

"If you dont want loverboy to knwo you heard his confession, i suggest you go to sleep, or at least fake it. He thinks your still unconscious."

"Thanks doc." He nodded and left the room.

I smiled, what a cool guy!

His wife is a lucky woman.

I lay my head down as a sudden wave of fatigue washed over me.

I cloesed my eyes and willed the oncoming headache to leave.

The door opened and i kept my eyes closed.

I felt a warm hand slip into mine, but it wasn't the hand i was expecting.

"Im so sorry Naomi. I wish it was different. I wish i had time to figure out a better way to tell you. It sucks you had to find out this way." Zac voice was full of guilt and honestly, he sounded so hopeless.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this. When i first started meeting with mom after dad died... It was supposed to be temporary. I was going to get you two together, sort out all our family issues until i found out the truth. I found out why mom was always so harsh with you and i knew you two would always clash. For months i've wanted to tell you the truth, but i couldn't, that's why i was so distant. If i spent too much time with you, i'd blurt it all out and ruin everything."