_____________________________________

Letter to Robbie

_____________________________________

Pops,

I hope this letter or my thoughts somehow reach you all the way up there in Heaven. It's now been 6 and a half years since you've been gone and although I'm finally dealing with your death there's not a day that goes by where I don't miss you or where I don't wish I could have just one more moment with you. I remember all the times we spent together, your advice, and your laughter—it's all still so vivid in my mind almost as if you're still here with me.

I know you watching over me but I wish you were here physically to witness the changes in my life. You'd be proud of me, man. I made it out the same streets that took you away from us. You always said I had potential and could do whatever I put my mind to. I'm done with that drug shit for good. I've turned my life around for my kid and my fiancée. I can't imagine living without them and don't want them to have to live without me. I don't want them to face the same pain and loss that we did when me, Ma, and Na lost you.

And yes, you heard me right. I got engaged, pops! Damn, I wish you could have met Nicki. I know you would have loved her. She checks off every box on the list we talked about years ago. She beautiful as hell on the outside, but she's got a heart of gold on the inside. She stayed down with me when I was at my lowest and I remember that's one of the things you stressed for me to find in a woman. Someone who's loyal and that's her all the way. I'm going to bring her and Czar by to meet you one of these days.

Thank you, Pops. For everything that you instilled in me as a young man that's carrying me into adulthood. Even though you not here, I feel your presence in my heart every day. Keep watching over us and protecting us.

I love you, Pops. Always.

Meek

_____________________________________

like. comment. vote.

_____________________________________