_____________________________________

University of Arts & Design

_____________________________________

"Good morning everyone! My name is Sheryl Bryant and I am honored to serve as the Dean of the prestigious University of Arts and Design. It is my privilege to extend heartfelt congratulations to this graduating class for their hard work and dedication that has led them to this momentous occasion. Our commencement ceremonies are the pinnacle of our year, and I am thrilled to introduce to you all the class of 2018."

As the eager students entered the auditorium and settled into their designated seats before the grand stage, the air was thick with an electric excitement that rippled through the crowd of loved ones and esteemed faculty members. The room erupted into a deafening roar of applause, cheers and whistling as the procession of the soon-to-be graduates marched their way through. Among them, Nicki stood tall with pride eagerly anticipating the moment she would receive her degree in Theatre and Performing Arts with a minor in music.

Dean Bryant spoke again once everyone was seated and settled. "To our dear graduates, I again extend my warmest congratulations to you all on this significant day. Your unwavering commitment and diligence throughout your studies have finally paid off. You earned these degrees and whether you are choosing to further your education or venturing into the work force, I encourage you to approach new challenges with the same courage that brought you to this milestone. Best of luck in all your future endeavors," Dean Bryant paused allowing her words to resonate with the graduates.

"Before we call our graduates to collect their degrees, I'd like to acknowledge three outstanding individuals who have distinguished themselves at the top of their classes. We have Erica Burns, graduating summa cum laude of the Entertainment Design program, Onika Maraj, graduating magna cum laude of Theatre and Performing Arts program with a music minor, and Mark Richardson graduating cum laude of the Virtual Development program. These students have earned the highest level of honorific distinctions. Let's give them a round of applause," Dean Bryant announced, prompting the auditorium to erupt into applause. "If any of you would like to share a few words, the floor is yours."

Nicki glanced at Erica and Mark, noticing their nervousness or lack of interest. Feeling a sudden surge of confidence, she found herself rising from her seat, her heels carrying her confidently to the podium.

"Good morning everyone. Um, I didn't come prepared with a speech or anything, so please be patient with me." Clearing her throat, Nicki closed her eyes and took a moment to gather her thoughts before allowing her emotions to guide her words.

"It is with great honor that I humbly stand before you all today as a magna cum laude graduate. The last two years of hard work, dedication, hardship, and sleepless nights have finally paid off and we now get to reap the benefits of our commitment. Today, we celebrate the most anticipated moment of being a student and I'm happy I was able to share this time with a such an amazing group of people."

"If I were to break down all of the emotions I'm sure we're all feeling today, I would start with happiness. I'm happy for the gift of life, the gift of wisdom, the gift of education and the gift of every moment with shared with one another. Next, I would say gratefulness. I'm grateful for our Alma Mater that provided us a venue to showcase our talents, skills and abilities to be the best we can be. I'm grateful for our staff and mentors who continuously inspired us, boosted our self-confidence and helped us unleash our highest potentials that most of us didn't even know we had."