Tragedy Of Love

( I tried to be creative :>. And also, I added a new character, not from the actual series or book, but from a suggestion hshs)

TW!!!
-

Hermione Granger is sitting in her bedroom, working on her latest assignment for Professor Flitwick. Suddenly, the door bangs open and Pansy Parkinson bursts in, dragging her backpack behind her.

"Hermione, you've got to come with me! It's... it's..." Pansy trails off, looking away as if embarrassed by what she was going to say. Hermione furrows her brow, confused and annoyed.

Hermione took a moment to digest Pansy's words. Finally, she decided that she had to know why Pansy had come to her in such a panicked state.

"What is it, Pansy?" she asked gently. "What happened? Why do you need me to come with you?"

Pansy took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to explain why she had come.

"Um... there's something I want to tell you..." she said nervously, still unable to meet Hermione's eyes. "But I think it would be better if we went somewhere private."

Hermione was intrigued, and a little confused by Pansy's words.

"Alright, Pansy," she said calmly. "Where would you like to go?"

Pansy thought for a moment, debating between different locations.

"Um... do you know the astronomy tower?" she asked.
Hermione nodded.

"Of course," she said. "I'm guessing you want to head there?"

"Yes please," Pansy replied softly, the words catching in her throat.

Hermione stood up from her chair, still curious about Pansy's intentions.

"Okay, pansy," she said. "Lead the way."

The two girls headed out of the room and towards the stairs. As they walked down the stairs, Hermione couldn't help but wonder why Pansy wanted to speak to her in such a remote and secluded area. They didn't say a word to one another until they reached the astronomy tower. When they got there, Pansy took a deep breath and turned to Hermione, her face red with embarrassment.

Hermione watched Pansy nervously as she gathered the courage to say something.

"Hermione..." Pansy finally began in a shaky voice. "I need to tell you something."

Hermione let out a deep breath, her heart racing as she tried to guess what Pansy was going to say.

"What is it, Pansy?" she asked softly. "You can tell me anything." Pansy looked up at Hermione, her face full of anxiety and fear.

"I have a crush on you," she said, her words barely a whisper.

Hermione's eyes widened in surprise as she heard Pansy's confession.

"A crush on me?" she asked in a soft, questioning tone. Pansy nodded, her face flushing even more.

"I've liked you for a long time," she whispered. "I've just been too afraid to admit it."

The realization sank in for Hermione as she processed Pansy's words. Everything suddenly made sense. That's why Pansy was always so eager to spend time with her, why she seemed angry anytime Hermione was with someone else.

"I..." Hermione began, not sure what to say.

"Pansy..." Hermione began. "I... am already in a relationship with someone else." Pansy's face fell as she heard Hermione's words, and her heart sank. She knew that Hermione being in a relationship with someone else would make it difficult for her to confess her feelings.