The Black Vulture: Chapter One (Photo of Audrielle)

Hey. So I started a new story. Again. But I'm really determined to finish this one. If you've read my other stories, you probably know that I already have a story titled 'The Black Vulture'. Well, I've deleted that story and started this one. This one will have more conflicts than the other one. Anyways, I'm gonna stop blabbering and start with the story. I hope you like it!

Please tell me what you think. Comment and Vote!!!!

~~~~Chapter One~~~~

I've woken to the sound of knocking on my window. Before I opened my eyes, I kept wishing that I'd be somewhere else, somewhere peaceful, somewhere where I can be free. When I finally opened them, I groaned. I was still here in the same building where I've grown up to be a slave.

A slave to warlocks, that is.

Warlocks are sorcerers that exercise dark magic. They've been using sorcery for their personal 'needs'. I've been stuck with them since I was born. Apparently, my parents asked the warlocks a HUGE favor and in return they must give their firstborn child (me) as a payment for their request. And now, I have to work my butt off and must give the warlocks everything they want. If I don't, they can kill me in a blink of an eye and still pick on their ugly, pointed noses.

The knocking sound snapped me out of my reverie. I didn't have to stand up to open my window. My room is really, really, really small. I stuck my head out to see who was knocking. When I didn't see anyone, I was about to close the window when something passed through me. When I looked back, I saw my vulture shaking off his feathers.

"Blackstar? What are you doing outside my room?" I asked the ugly bird. He just screeched and went back inside his cage. I sighed and started heading towards the bathroom when I heard another knock.

"Blackstar, stop knocking on the window, it's get--" I stopped when someone opened the door. When I turned around, I saw a tall boy with jet-black hair, blue eyes and a vulture on his right arm.

"Oh, hey, Charlie..." I mumbled. Unfortunately, it wasn't my ugly vulture knocking on the window but my neighboor knocking on my door.

"Hey Audrielle," He said with a smile--which made me grin. Charlie and I aren't in a relationship but were about the same age so were kind of close.

"You need to hunt today, you know, for stones." Charlie added. 

I don't know what stones are made of but warlocks need it. Stones are the things that keeps the human slaves alive. It's like our ticket to food. If you give one stone to one warlock, you'll get a month supply of food. If you give two stones to one warlock, you'll get two months supply of food. If you give three stones--you get the picture. But, if you don't find a stone by the end of the month, you wont get any food--not even water--then you'll starve and then you'll die. Simple logic.

"I know. Do you need to hunt today?" I asked while looking for the vial I usually put the stones in.

"No, I got two stones last week, remember?" He tapped his forehead with his index finger.

"How could I forget? You were jumping up and down when they told you that you're given two months supply of food." I finally found the vial. I put a chain through the loop on the lid and wrapped it around my neck.

"You're just jealous." He wagged his eyebrows.

"I am not."

"Yeah you are."

"Nuh-uh" I put my hands on my hips.

"Yes."

"No." I said shortly.