Chapter Five

What was wrong with him. He couldn't stop thinking of Sejanus' hand in his, the way he could feel Sejanus' breath on his neck. Sejanus had more power over his emotions than Coryo wanted to admit. He wanted to give in so badly but what would the people think where they were going. If there were any, plus they were in the woods so who would see him. Unless the Capitol found them.
    The had walked for what seemed like forever before they sat down, both having recovered from their moment earlier in the day. Conversations carried on as normal, walking at a rather slow pace. Coriolanus had noticed that by walking slower Sejanus would slow down to walk with him and he used it to his advantage whenever he needed a break as well. The sun was setting and they found a small rock ledge to stay under for the night.
   "Coryo, about earlier I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Sejanus said with a blush that creeped up his neck, reaching his cheeks.
   'Damn you Sejanus' he thought to himself. 'Damn you and your sweet brown eyes. Damn you and your short curly brown hair. Damn you with your kind smiles and your strong arms. Damn you and your adprable personality. Damn you and Damn me for feeling this way. Damn me for not letting myself have you.' Coriolanus realized Sejanus was staring at him and he couldn't help but wonder why.
   "Are you okay Coryo?" He only realized the tears that rolled down his face after Sejanus wiped the tear away.
   "I- yes I'm okay" He turned his head.
   "Then why are you crying, did I upset you?" Sejanus asked with some sort of conviction that all of this was his fault. In a way it was. "I-I'm sorry if I did I-"
   Sejanus was cut of by Coriolanus's lips pressing against his. Sejanus responded immedeatly, his hand snaking around the smaller boy's hips. Coriolanus heart pounded in his chest as he kissed him. Oh how right it felt, his lips against the boy he had met so long ago. Oh how ashamed his Grandma'am would be of him. He pulled away. Sejanus mouth felt so good against his. Why did he have to be this way. More tears fell down his face.
  "Coryo." he wiped the tears from Coriolanus' face once more.
  "I-its wrong. We shouldn't- I shouldn't." Coriolanus struggled to find the right words for once in his life.
  "Says who? The people we will never see again?" Sejanus said softly. "Coryo what do you think my father said about me when I told him I, well ya know." Sejanus seemed a little hesitant too which made Coriolanus feel better.
    "I just..." He didn't know, he wanted Sejanus and now that he knew he could have him, nothing would be the same. Sejanus took Coriolanus fourhead and pressed it to his.
    "Coriolanus there isn't anything wrong with being like us, gay I mean."  Coriolanus cupped the brunette's face in his hands and pulled him in for a kiss. More sure this time. He felt his lips moving against Sejanus' and he felt at peace. Grandma'am was not here. Strabo Plinth was not here. They were alone exept for each other, which was fine by both of their standards.
      "Sejanus." he whispered against his mouth. His lips felt like  heaven on earth for Coriolanus. He pushed his lips against his harder, hungrier. Sejanus responded without hesitation, pulling his Coryo closer.
   They kissed for a long while, and when they finally broke apart Coriolanus thoughts ran rapid in his head. He wanted to kiss him more, to take them back. He wasn't sure at the moments but when Sejanus finially laid down Coriolanus didn't hesitate to lay by his side. Rain had started trickilng down through the trees and the nigh was cold, but the feeling of being in Sejanus arms maid up for the cold and dreary weather. This somehow felt like it had been a long time coming.
        "Sejanus?" Coriolanus whispered.
        "Yes?" He said back burying his face into the crook of the blonde's neck.
        "How are you laying here next to me? You saw me kill Bobbin in that arena." He swallowed hard after asking.
        Sejanus was quite for a moment, deep in thought about his answer. "Well there are a few reasons." He looked up at Coriolanus, despite the darkness of the Appalachian forrest. "To start off, you've been my friend since the first day I started going to schools in the Capitol. You never picked on me and you always at least allowed me to have my opinion on the Capitol even though yours differed from mine." Coriolanus nodded, knowing that was mostly true. "Secondly, you wouldn't have been in their if it wasn't for me making stupid decisions."
         Coriolanus smiled. "You have always been rather unreliable whenever your heart had a say in the matter."
        "And I guess the third is I try to see the good in people even when they have made self-driven desicions." Coriolanus took note of his word choice. 'Self-driven' instead of selfish was an interesting way to put it. "I only say self driven because It was life or death and I wouldn't call killing in self defense selfish." Sejanus even had sweet explanations. Coriolanus couldn't beleive that he was here with him.
         "Sejanus I-" there was a strange growling noise that cut through the night slowly getting louder. "Do you hear that?"
           Sejanus nodded and he peaked out from under the rock. He paled at the sight. "Coryo up now." He frantically grabbed the supplies and Coriolanus sprang up and peaked out into the night. He say three pairs of glowing golden eyes. Coriolanus picked up the guns and nodded at Sejanus.
           "Run we can beat them up that right there if we hurry." Coriolanus said and Sejanus nodded once. "Alright Go!"
          The pair sprinted to the tree and Coriolanus pulled himself up with ease. The wild dogs charged them and were right on Sejanus' heals as he climbed up the tree. "Take my hand!" Coriolanus yelled as Sejanus struggled to climb the tree. He reached up and one bag of supply tumbled to the ground, hitting one dog on the head. Coriolanus crossed his legs, locking them tightly around the tree branch. He struggled to help Sejanus climb up as his weight shifted toward the edge of the branch, but he locked his leg tighter and mannaged to pull his friend, if he could call him that, up.
          They both sat on the branch and Coryo picked up the gun and shot the first dog, the dog fell but something seemed almost machanical about it. He shot the other two and they fell down in the same, clanky motion as the first one had, spilling there blood on the grass and leaves below. Mutts. They were being tracked and Dr. Gual and the rest of the capitol, knew just where they were.