Chapter 8

The team touched down in the Maldives, greeted by the crystal-clear waters and the promise of a week filled with camaraderie.

As they gathered at the waiting area of the airport, Shubman had his hands wrapped around Ishan's waist. Surya couldn't resist teasing Ishan.

Surya, nudging Ishan playfully, remarked,
"Look at you two lovebirds, my ship is sailing.

Ishan, rolling his eyes, replied, "Surya, you got to stop now . We're just good friends enjoying the trip."

Surya exclaimed, "Good friends? I thought I sensed some romantic tension in the air. Are you sure you're not secretly planning a candlelit dinner with Shubman?"

Ishan, trying to keep a straight face, retorted, "Surya, the only thing I'm planning is how to survive your constant teasing."

"Shubman, be careful. Ishan might be planning a surprise date for you under the stars. Romantic, isn't it?"
Surya said to Shubman.

"Oh, I can't wait for my surprise date, Ishan. Maybe a sunset picnic by the beach?"

Ishan shot Surya a look.

"Ishan... T-shirt hatake paseena chatega ?"
(Shubman teased Ishan playfully.)

Not this again.
Ishan thought.

"Pagal wagal hai kya--"
(Are you mad--)

"Ha tere pyaar mein pagal ho chuka hai woh."

(Yes he is madly in love with you.")

Rohit said

"Bhaiya bas karo."
(Bro Stop it.)
Shubman said

"Anyways guys the cabs are here."

Everyone got into the cars to go to their Resort.

Ishan had to go in the last cab. Surya was sitting in the front and Kl Rahul, Shreyas and Shubman were at the back . Ishan looked clueless as there was no space left for him .

"Uhm...Where do I sit?"
Ishan asked . Looking up with a confused face.

Rahul shot Shreyas a glare as he said
"I told you we would need another car"

"I am sorry I just didn't think--"
Shreyas got cut off by Shubman's voice .

"Sit on my lap"
Shubman said looking up at Ishan with pleading eyes .

No no no no
What the fuck am i supposed to do now.

Ishan thought as he turned a shade of pink.

"Come here"
Shubman pulled Ishan into his lap and closed the door.

Shubman's arms snaked around Ishan's waist, gripped them.

Ishan bit his lips.

Shubman, playfully  grinned, "Cozy, isn't it? Who needs a seat when you have a lap?"