i'll hold on, i guess.

A/N: I've run out of funky-sounding words, so i'm resorting to pjsk cards and event names because i have a problem. 

oh also there's a sliiiiiight bit of gore (?) in this, but that's allowed because robot censorship mhehehehehehehehehehehehe

AK's POV

"You see it too, right?" L looked at me.

I nodded. "I would've thought it was a hallucination, but no, that's a thing. That is definitely a thing." I'm not sure why, but I was scared. It might have been that this thing could kill both me and L, considering L didn't recognize it, or it could have been the fact that the green X was flickering on and off.

"Hey, haha, uh, you know them?" I pointed to the drone.

L shook his head rapidly. "I feel like I should, though..."

The green X disappeared, being replaced with two bright green eyes. L stepped forward, defensively holding an arm out in front of me.

The snow-filled winds slowed down to reveal a disassembly drone with short gray hair and green eyes. They had a pair of flight goggles around their neck and in their hands (which were probably the cause of the flickering I saw earlier) and an aviator's jacket. Not sure what the point of wearing jackets is if we can't feel cold, but– AK. No existential thoughts, goddamnit. You were doing so well, too. A solid 20 minutes. That was almost a new record. 

"Hey, woah, lower the gun?" The disassembly drone's eyes hollowed out in shock when I drew my modded AK-47 (see where I gave myself the nickname from?) and aimed it right in between their eyes.

L's eyes also widened as he drew a blade from his arm and lowered my gun with it. "AK, no."

I gave L a little look. "...Fine." I flipped my gun and strapped it back to my back.

The green-eyed disassembly drone clapped their hands. "You're still ever-so-slightly defensive of your onee-chan, huh, Lu?"

L's POV

Lu...る... "Wait, that's-" I started.

"Your serial designation?" The drone finished. "Yep, yep, why else wouldn't I know that?"
"Hey, hate to break whatever this twisted reunion moment is, but, um, could you guys speak...I dunno, English? My translator's not really equipped with Japanese yet."

The drone smirked. "Fine, fine. We were merely just having a simple conversation, nothing enough to hide."

I was auto-interpreting Japanese?

"Hey, um..." I narrowed my eyes a bit. "...Ai?"

"The one and only. Wait, no, that's a lie."

"So...you've been here this whole time-?"

"Guys." AK's voice cut me off. "I'm right here. Do you want me to leave, or like..."

Ai glanced at AK. "Who's this? You two together?" She had a smug look on her face.

Both of us got flustered and I felt my face grow warm.

"I-it's not like th-"

"I like girls." AK quickly interjected.

"...Oh." I saw Ai's expression shift in the slightest. "...Anyway...Where are...you two going?"

"AK told me that she'd help me find my original squad I landed with if I come with her to the cryosleep zones in her colony's bunker," I explained.

"Great...ahh, who was in your squad again? I do need to do my rounds for quota checks..." Ai went quiet and looked at me.

"Oh. Um..." I tried to think, but nothing came up. "It's...all fuzzy. I...letters. Not Kanji or anything like that. All I can remember. S-sorry."