010. Original Vampire-Witch

『 Chapter Ten | Original Vampire-Witch 』

Adrisha stood outside in the forest, taking off her jacket. She pulled out her ruby daylight ring from her finger and dropped it over her jacket. The sun scorched her skin, but not even a single hiss left her lips. She just stood there, arms open wide, accepting the pain.

Adrisha swung her sword, decapitating three men at one go. But more men attacked her. A sword cut through all of them, clearing the path and letting her see a man with dark hair and brown eyes.

"Princess, are you okay?" He was mildly breathless from all the fighting in the battle that they were fighting. 

The atmosphere was filled with dust and the scent of blood shed. There were many dead bodies on the ground. All bleed to death.

"I am fine. Are you okay, Papa?"

He smiled with a nod. "I am fine too. You get back. I will help the east side and follow after you."

"No, I can't leave you here like this."

He placed a hand on her upper arm, "Go home. There are only a few left. I can handle it. Have faith in your father." He nudged with a playful smile.

"I do have faith in you. Bu—"

"Not but. Go home. Mayra is waiting and worrying about us. Go and tell her we are fine and that we are safe."

"But—" 

He turned her around and gives her a soft push, "Go. Commander's order."

"Fine."

'I shouldn't have left him that day.' Adrisha thought to herself, as the sunlight continued to scald her skin, staring into abyss.

A gust of air hit her before she felt a fabric and arms wrapping her into a hug, pulling her away from where she was standing. She winced as her back hit against the tree trunk. She looked up and saw Damon, looking at her with wild eyes, as if he was scared for his life.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He yelled at her, making her go wide eyed. "A second longer and you would have died!"

"I am fine, aren't I?" She mumbled, looking away from him. 

He grabbed her by the jaw and turned her face to him, forcing her to look at him. "Fine?" He gritted his teeth, putting her daylight ring on her finger. "You are fine because I pulled you away!"

"Did I ask you to do it?!" She snapped at him, shoving him off. "Why do you care if I die or not?!" She moved towards him and pushed him by the chest again. "Why does everyone think that they are doing me a favour by saving me?!" She pushed him again.