Chapter 231

**YOUR POV**
The doctor kept on explaining, but at this point I just tried to keep it together as good as I could while Harry listened to everything he said.

„What...what about my chemo port? Will you take it out?" I asked him eventually.

„Yes, we can remove it tomorrow. It's gonna be a quick procedure and you won't be put to sleep for it. It'll be performed under local anesthesia. Afterwards, you'll officially get to ring the bell and you get to bring family and friends if you want to witness this moment. Is that alright?"

„That is perfect. Really...perfect. Thank you so much for everything doctor Russell. You've treated me for so long now. Thank you so much." I told him when I finally got some words out.

„You're very welcome, but I'm just doing my job. I'm glad we got to this point now, that you're okay." He said with a little smile.

„Alright, that would be it then. Here is your appointment for tomorrow afternoon and you're free to go."

He handed me a little card with all the information on it when Harry started talking. „I got one question though before we go."

„Yes?" The doctor looked at him.

„When will she be able to fly back home to the UK? We've been kind of stuck here ever since she got diagnosed." Harry asked the question I totally forgot about, but couldn't wait to hear the answer to.

„Well, I'd say since tomorrow we'll remove the chemo port you'll have to wait for another week, but after that, you're safe to fly back. Your blood work looks good, so I'm not worried about anything. Just check with your doctor in the UK for the new medication and the rehabilitation program and you'll be fine. I'll send all your charts over there and they'll know what to do."

„This is honestly so, so great to hear. I can't wait to go home. Thank you so much."

Eventually, we were done and could leave the room. I went out of the door first, followed by Harry who closed it behind his back.
We stood in front of each other, I looked at him and he at me before he eventually wrapped his arms tight around me like never before and picked me up, holding me close to his chest as I finally broke down in tears.

„I'm cancer free, Harry. I'm really cancer free." I sobbed into the crook of his neck.

„You are, my love. You are...you did it again, you beat it. I'm so fucking proud of you." His voice cracked and I knew he was crying too. „I'm so happy, my sweet angel. You're okay, everything is okay now."

„I can't believe this." He let me down to the floor again. „I love you so, so much, Haz."

„I love you more, my darling." He pressed his lips on mine. „You did it, baby." He cupped my cheeks and looked into my eyes with tears rolling down his cheeks. „It's finally over. You beat cancer, you won! That's so amazing!"

I nodded, more tears falling down my cheeks. „It's over." I repeated before I hugged Harry tightly again.

„Come on, sweetheart. Let's go home and tell Gemma and my mum the news." He rubbed my back before he slid his hand in mine and we walked out of the hospital.

As we got to the exit and we stepped outside, I stopped in front of the doors, looking up into the blue sky on this sunny day before I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. „I made it...it's over." I whispered again and opened my eyes, turning to Harry. „I'm gonna live."

„You are, sweetie. You're okay now." He smiled at me, kissing my forehead.

„A few months ago, I thought I was gonna die and now...it's all gone."

„It is, baby. It's gone. You're not gonna die. You've got your whole life in front of you, my love." He smiled even more before we continued walking and made it into the car to head home.

Anne and Gemma were already waiting for us and the news as we got back home. Harry made them sit down in the living room so I could tell them the news I couldn't believe myself just yet.

„Okay, what did the doctor say, Y/n? What's gonna happen?" Gemma asked, both her and Anne looking incredibly concerned. That was probably also because they could tell Harry and I cried earlier.

„The doctor said...that-." I choked up as tears filled my eyes again. „He said that I'm cancer free. It's gone." I eventually let out, sobbing.

„Oh my god, Y/n! This is perfect news!" Gemma jumped up from where she was sat and so did Anne who wasn't even able to say anything as she started crying and immediately came to wrap her arms around me, pressing a kiss to my lips.

„I'm- I- I can't believe it, you're cancer free...this is the best news ever." Anne sniffled as she hugged me tightly. „I'm so proud of you. I love you, my dear."

„I love you too, Anne." I whispered, tears running down my cheeks all over again as I saw in the corner of my eye Gemma and Harry hugging, both of them crying, but Harry especially and that was when I felt the relief. It was finally over. I could see that he was letting out everything. Every emotion he held in ever since I got sick again.

Anne let go of me eventually and Gemma came to hug me with the biggest smile her face. „Come here little sis. I love you so much. It's all over, you're gonna be healthy again. I'm so happy." She squeezed me tightly.

„Me too." I wiped my tears away as she let go of me. „And I love you, Gem. I haven't quite processed this news yet to be honest." I admitted.

„Take your time. It's alright." She assured me. „You're finally gonna ring that damn bell." She looked at me with a teary smile and I nodded, not being able to say anything.

We told them everything else the doctor said and what was gonna happen tomorrow. They were obviously gonna be there for when I'd get to actually ring the bell which made me so happy.

Seeing Harry in tears confirmed how bad he really felt through all of this, so I made my way to him again and wrapped my arms around his body. He instantly hugged me back, crying even more.

„It's over." He sniffled silently.

„It's over..." I nodded against him. „This nightmare is finally over."