Fake smile

For my ScrollStack readers, chapter 5 is updated on ScrollStack. So, if you want to know about their past then go to my profile and follow the link. The chapter costs only 15 rupees.

THIRD PERSON'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked at herself in the mirror and tried to fake a smile. The bags under her eyes were still quite prominent even after concealing them with the makeup.

Her mother had asked her to get ready and wear some makeup as he is going to come tonight.

Dhriti agreed with a happy face even though she wanted to deny. Her parents were busy in preparing tastiest dinner for their daughter's love interest.

Somewhere, Dhriti was glad that she got such supportive parents who were happy and ready to accept the man she has chosen for herself but then she couldn't really celebrate this thing.

The man was not of her liking. It was forced, indeed.

Sighing heavily, she put a light red lipstick on her lips and gave a final look to herself in the mirror.

"Dhriti, he is here." Her mother called from downstairs making her heart drop in dread.

She put a fake smile on her face and exited her room.

"Take a sit young man." Dheeraj said to which Abhimanyu nodded and sat on the couch.

"Your house is very nice." He complimented roaming his eyes around the small yet cosy house.

"What would you like to have son, tea or coffee?" Riva asked softly.

"Oh nothing. Please sit, I am fine." he replied smiling at her warmly.

Dheeraj was reading and observing the man who managed to steal his daughter's heart. Indeed, he was a nice looking guy with a well built body and manners.

Dhriti has told them about his profession and they were quite shocked and somewhat scared as Abhimanyu Singh is indeed a famous or should I say, a powerful name in the business world.

Dheeraj was hesitant at first but then hearing Riva's suggestion, he decided to give this a try.

He was not really convinced after knowing the person her daughter loves. He thought the richest businessman is playing with his naive daughter but Riva told him to meet the man once and then decided anything.

"So, Abhimanyu, tell us about your family." He questioned.

Yes, Dhriti has not told them anything about his family yet and she herself didn't know about his parents or siblings or his background.

When he asked she simply smiled saying he should ask Abhimanyu only about his family as he is her father and he has the right to query about the family and background.

"I don't have anyone in my family, sir. My parents died when I was thirteen and since then, I am living all alone." He answered making the atmosphere dull suddenly.

"Oh, we are really sorry." Riva muttered placing a hand on his shoulder.

He smiled shaking his head.

"So, how did you manage?" Dheeraj asked clearing his throat.

He was feeling bad for this guy but he was feeling proud as well. The young boy who had nothing managed to become one of the most successful businessmen of the world.

"I started working in a cafe as a waiter and used to live there only. I was managing my studies as well. After completing my high school, I got scholarship and studied business management." Abhimanyu completed with a small smile on his face.

Dheeraj and Riva were totally impressed by him. He indeed worked really hard to reach where he is now.

Abhimanyu clenched his fists getting irritated by their questions. His eyes were wandering everywhere just to find her. He wanted to see her, it's been just a day since they last met but he felt like it's been ages.

"Dhirti beta, come." his eyes shone hearing her name and soon he found her climbing down the stairs.

She was wearing a cherry red frock which was reaching just below her knees. Her hands were covered as the dress had full sleeves. Her hair was left open touching her waist.

He was mesmerised after seeing the beauty in front of him. She always looked beautiful but tonight, he was seeing her in makeup and a dress for the very first time. She was looking gorgeous.

"Hii." she passed a smile his way.

"Hey." he replied with a full blown smile.

She sat beside him making his heart beat fast. Her arms were brushing against his making him feel the shivers.

She never smiled at him like this before. For the first time, he was seeing her face without a trace of fear. Fear of him.

"You found a nice man, Dhriti. I must say." Dheeraj stated looking at his daughter.

"Thanks papa." she said wrapping her hands around his elbow.

His body stiffened feeling her soft body pressed against his side. He wanted nothing more than just to cradle her in his arms and quench his thirst.

Dhriti gave a tight lipped smile to him and cursed herself mentally for being so weak and pathetic.

How skilfully she had lied and wore a facade. Only she knew how much she disliked him.

She was waiting for him to leave so that she could take a breath of relief.

.

The girl gritted as her eyes welled up with angry tears. The man, who she despises, succeeded in impressing her parents. Since the moment he had left, her parents were talking about him only.

How well mannered he is and all that.

The monster also told her parents that he wants to marry their daughter as soon as possible. Dhriti, being threatened by him, supported him in this and convinced her parents how badly they love each other and want to be hitched soon.

"How about next week?" Riva asked handing a cup of hot coffee to her husband.

"I have talked to Pandit Ji. He said next week is very auspicious otherwise, we will have to wait till March." She completed.

It was currently September and if Abhimanyu got to know about them getting married next year, only God knows what he will do.

Dhriti quickly blinked away her tears so that her parents won't see them

"Sounds good." Dheeraj remarked looking at his daughter.

Dhriti smiled nodding her head. Her cheeks were literally hurting because of smiling and laughing continuously.

Afterall, it's really hard to fake a smile especially when your heart is bleeding.

"Next week it is. I will tell Abhimanyu then." She said getting off the couch. "Good night Papa. Good night Maa" she kissed her parents and went upstairs

She didn't want to fake happiness anymore. She was tired, both physically and mentally.

Shutting the door of her bedroom, she threw her cell phone on the bed angrily. She was frustrated by all these things, especially by him.

He made her lie to her parents. A thing she never did before. She never hid things from her parents no matter how small or big were the issues.

Exhaling sharply, she sat on her bed and grabbed a bunch of her brown locks then tied them into a messy bun.

Her mind went back to that fateful day when all these started. The day when her downfall started.

_______________________________________

From the next chapter, we will see their past. How they met, what happened between them and all.

Don't forget to vote and comment.