Darkness

THIRD PERSON'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girl's breathing ragged as her heart started beating wildly inside her chest. She was trembling from inside and outside as well.

"I will not marry you." The moment she spoke those words, she was greeted by complete silence from the other end.

She didn't know what will he say or how will he respond. She just knew, she had to do this. She had to take a stand for herself.

Chills ran down her spine hearing a chuckling sound from the other end. The chuckle was lacking humour and it was scary.

"How did you imagine you had options?" Tears filled her eyes hearing his words.

He was openly mocking her, making fun of her situation. She clenched her fist and gulped down her anger.

"Why can't you understand this thing? I don't want to mar--

"I dare you to complete your f**king sentence." He growled interrupting her in between.

She parted her lips and tried to utter those words. I DON'T WANT TO MARRY YOU. But she couldn't muster up the courage to do so. She could imagine the colour of his brown eyes which surely would have turned into a light shade of red.

The girl could hear his heavy breathing and the rapid beats of his heart. It seemed like he was controlling his anger which was not wrong.

"Listen, Dhriti." the man started making her body stiffen, "I am talking to you nicely for the last time. Either submit to me or...face the consequences."

"Ple-leas-se.." she begged.

She was expecting him to have a little bit mercy on her but she was so wrong.

"We will meet tomorrow. My driver will pick you up from the hospital." he declared leaving no room for discussion.

The line went dead soon after and the phone fell from her trembling hand.

.
.

She bit her lip drawing blood from it as she was scared, deadly scared. She didn't know where is he asking her to meet or where would he take her after that.

A black Lamborghini stopped right in front of her as she was standing at the entrance of her hospital. A chauffeur came out of the car and bowed before her.

"Shall we go, ma'am?" The middle aged man asked not meeting her eyes.

"Sure." she hesitated but then reminded herself she had to do this.

The man opened the door of backseat for her and she entered. Her mind was completely blank throught the drive. She tried to memorise the path to their destination but suddenly she was greeted by a dense forest.

Her heart thumped wildly assuming the worst possible things he would do to her but she kept praying in her mind.

"This way, ma'am." the driver guided her towards the entrance as she nodded.

Before her was a massive mansion standing in all it's glory. Painted in black, grey and white it looked like a dream.

But she didn't find it attractive. Not even a bit. For her, it was nothing but a place where a devil lives.

"Hello ma'am. Sir is waiting for you." A young girl came running towards her and bowed making her feel nothing but anger.

Dhriti followed the young girl who was not looking older than eighteen. She entered inside the mansion and as expected, found it empty, dark and creepy. Even the lights couldn't vanish the darkness surrounding the mansion.

"This way, ma'am." The girl showed her a big white coloured door and left before bowing again.

The maid didn't exactly know what this beautiful girl was doing in a mansion owned by the devil. But she was sure of one thing that this poor girl was not here with her own will. Her heart trembled seeing the girl terrified.

She just prayed for her safety as she knew the devil, the owner of this huge mansion is nothing but merciless.

Dhriti's feet wobbled as she found herself getting nearer to the room. The room where he was waiting. She slowly rubbed her sweaty palms on her jeans and took a deep breath before moving forward.

The thudding of her heart was echoing in the silent hall. She could hear the small whimpers, that were leaving her mouth. Yes, she was scared.

Her shaky finger slowly wrapped around the doorknob and she opened it with closed eyes. She was expecting a miracle to happen. To save her from the monster who was inside the room.

"You are late!" A strong shiver ran down her spine hearing his deep voice which welcomed her as soon she entered the room.

Clad in a black turtleneck sweater and blue jeans, he was looking handsome like hell, but only she knew his real face which was ugly.

The man's gaze darkened looking at the very girl who has successfully stole his peace. He wanted to see her eyes but she was looking down and it irked him.

"I.." she licked her lips and gulped as it was getting hard to let out words properly.

"I a-am sorry." her hands fisted hearing her own words.

She was apologising. For what?

His own driver brought her here then how come it is her fault?

The girl flinched hearing his footsteps, she was looking at the wooden floor. She didn't want to look at him.

She knew she will either suffer a panic attack or faint after looking at him. His presence was enough to terrify her.

A whimper left her mouth as he squeezed her cheeks painfully and made her look at him. Her body froze in fear finding the darkness in his eyes. Those grey orbs which once mesmerised her were looking so deadly.

"Look at me when we are talking." He muttered placing a kiss on her temple.

A cry escaped her lips as she tried to back away but his strong arms wrapped around her petite form, preventing her from doing so.

"You still haven't learnt, have you?" It felt like he was mocking her, again. She wanted to scream, she wanted to push him, punch him and what not but she was helpless.

His eyes darkened seeing her lips puckered up. He wanted to taste those luscious red lips so badly. He wanted to leave his marks on her skin so that the world will see, she is his.

But he controlled his urge for the time being.

"Now, tell me your answer." he demanded caging her between his huge frame and the door.

Tears slid down her soft cheeks which had turned pale by then. She had no other option and she knew it. Her heart broke into million pieces when she mumbled looking into his eyes.

"I..I am ready." A satisfied smile made it's way to his lips hearing her answer.

Oh! Only he knows how much he wanted to hear these words from her mouth. He was glad she agreed easily otherwise he would have to hurt her.

Dhriti took a deep breath before lifting her head and meeting his eyes. The amber teary orbs collided with a pair of grey ones.

"But, I have a condition."...

_______________________________________

The next chapter is updated on ScrollStack. So, if you want you can check it out. It costs only 15 rupees.

You must be wondering what's happening, right? Don't worry their past will unfold soon.

Share your feedbacks.