Missing Heart- Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-four

    “Lovely. You’re done!” Derrick stepped back and he was just as nervous as Diana. He work hard for a year for this day. Well, really he has been waiting for this day since he started his employment with Lord VonChante after he was turned. “You look so beautiful I think I might cry right now.”

    “Please don’t cry yet.” She rose and hugged him. “Now you can’t or you’ll ruin the dress.”

    “Sneaky girl.” They both laughed and pulled back. “You know how to stop me, don’t you?”

    “We’ve been friends for over a year now. How could I not?” A new round of giggles from the both of them.

    The door opened and Lord Manier came in. His breathe caught seeing Lady Diana. She looked better than any angel possibly could. With her standing there in her gorgeous white dress that had beautiful diamonds sparkling all over it. The sweetheart bodice filled with lace and more diamonds fitted to her beautifully accentuating her curves. The mermaid skirt flowing into a magnificent and elegant train. From her waistline, a georgette scarf wrapped and tied simply in the front. The tails of the scarf went up in a “v” and over her shoulders where they widen and gave the look of wings. Her back was bare as Marcus had managed to fix the damage to her back. She was an angel.

    Lord Manier was speechless as he stared adoringly at her. No one would guess that she was two months pregnant right now. She looked better than ever. He was proud he got to call her his daughter by legal means. Even if she wasn’t really of his blood, he felt like the proudest father in the world.

    “Is it time?” Derrick asked snapping Lord Manier out of his awe.

    Lord Manier swallowed passed the lump in his throat and nodded. “Yes it is.”

    Derrick kissed both of Diana’s cheeks before he left. He had to take his place as Man of honor since Diana couldn’t think of anyone else to be by her side today. The one to stand with her as she becomes Lady VonChante.

    Lord Manier offered his hand. “His majesty is waiting for us.” Diana smiled as she slid her hand in his. He could feel how nervous she was and he smiled at her. “Just think of Marcus and no one else. He waits for you too very patiently.”

    Diana took several breathes and nodded. “I’m ready now.”

    He smiled as he turned them to the door and they walked out of her bedroom. They walked though the halls and down the grand stairs. Garlands of wildflowers were hung everywhere with white ribbons. The smell of the wildflowers was so soothing for her. Her nerves faded away with every breathe she took and every step she made.

    At the bottom of the stairs, his majesty looked up in awe. The most beautiful sight of all was smiling down at him. His heart had skip a beat at seeing his treasure. Her hair in the most delicate tight curls cascading down her back. The thin white silk ribbons falling into those curls from the small wildflowers in her hair making the most sweetest of crowns. She looked like an angelic princess as she was to everyone.

    She had asked both men to escort her down the aisle. She just couldn’t choose between them. Her father figure or her uncle figure. They were both so equally important to her. So she had them both escort her and give her away.

    She took his majesty’s arm when he offered it. She felt so happy that today had come at last. For the passed six months, Derrick had been in full wedding mode. He had asked her tons of questions till Marcus told him that we respected his choices for us.

    When the doctor told them she was pregnant, Derrick was off asking who long she had been pregnant thinking of the dress instantly. If she would still be able to wear the dress. Everything. He was ecstatic that the dress wouldn’t be an issue. Just her diet had to change.