Chapter Eight

Joseph's dark brown eyes followed Lola as she sauntered down his hallway and out of view. His lips lifted only slightly, when he had caught onto the look that she had thrown Casey's way not too long ago. He was slowly growing fond of the little firecracker. Slowly.

Once he had locked his bedroom door, his eyes lifted upwards to meet with Casey's piercing ones. Her lips were fixed into a tight line and eyes appeared narrowed. His stare dropped down to her body which wore the playsuit perfectly, the stare lingering in the middle section where her tummy dipped in before curving out again, amplifying her bottle glass figure. Despite her looking good tonight, her arched eyebrow and hand on hip annoyed him. She was looking at him like he owed her something; like an annoyed girlfriend would to her man. She had got it completely twisted.

He sighed deeply through his nose before straightening up and facing her. He matched her accusing gaze and lifted a brow towards her. His question of 'Why are you here?' exhibited clearly in his expression. But as if she couldn't tell, she followed her look with a raise of the hand and gestured to behind her, where Lola had just disappeared.

"Who was that?" she asked as she turned back to him.

Astounded, Joseph could do nothing but blink at her. She was crazy. How could she question him? "Pardon?" he asked with a frown.

"Who was that?" she asked again. However, her attitude had wavered this time around as she caught his serious expression. She was quickly brought back to a couple of days ago when she had asked for him to drop her home after she had spent the night at his. Joseph had a way of answering her questions, without having to say a word. She should have known that she was not going to get an answer, but she wanted to show him that she wasn't just some girl. She wanted to show him that she was more than just a good fuck. That she could be his. And only his. As long as she got the loyalty and respect she believed that she deserved.

"What... makes you think that I have to answer to you?" Joseph's guttural tone of a voice asked her, as he stood there, now with his hands clasped in front of him.

His mere presence distracted her from the matter at hand. From his striking face, to his well-built body, she was in awe. She was quickly reminded of why she started fucking with him in the first place. Joseph screamed power, knowledge and wealth. Something that Casey loved in a man. He was perfect... for her.

And despite the fact that she was genuinely hurt and annoyed about the stranger who had just left his room - a place that she thought that she was exclusive to; she also secretly loved the dominating attitude he had towards her. She loved the fact that she already knew that he would not answer nor explain himself to her. But at the end of the day, he was giving her his time. Something that didn't come cheap.

She dropped all traces of attitude and gave him a smile matched with low hooded eyes as she closed the gap between them. Her dark & light purple ombre lips pulled up into a smile as she wrapped a soft arm around his neck. Her other hand gently ran up his chest whilst a slender finger grazed the skin at the back of his neck underneath his sharp faded haircut.

"Look I'm sorry, I'm just not good at sharing," she purred, pressing herself even further against him so her perked up breasts rested against his chest, making them appear even bigger than they were. She saw his eyes glance down at them too. "You're right, you don't have to answer to me. I'm the one who takes the orders."

She watched his tongue run over his thick bottom lip and his gaze slide up to meet hers. Her statement caused a shift in his demeanour and she knew she had saved herself. She also knew she had got his complete attention now.

"Why are you here?" Joseph asked, wondering what she was up to. He hadn't invited her today as she wasn't one of his workers. The girl wasn't even his girl.