The games begin <\3

Your head was buzzing as you awoke, the door had slammed open and there stood in your rooms doorway, was Snow. He looked sickly, more than normal, his hair swept from running and sweat. He had large bags and looked malnourished. "Snow.." you murmur unsurely as you try to stand from your bed. He moves faster coming to the end of your bed clinging to the frame.

"I have an offer, a deal." He says sharply. He reminds you of a snake in this moment. Direct, to the point and if you refuse, he'll shoot venom enough to kill you if you refuse or become prey. "What? Snow what do you mean you have a-"

"Listen. Just listen." He snaps his eyes burning holes into your face. "You are going to go see treech, you're going to tell him, no matter what happens in that arena, he can't attack Lucy Gray. In that arena, she's got to last out, so must he, to the end, make it to the last three or last two." He says quickly looking around the room.

"Snow what.. why? What did you do?" You say your face falling into a frown. As you rise up, he quickly picks up your coat throwing it to you. "Get ready to go, everything about the arena has changed, it's structure, it's design and how the games will run, it's changed everything." He says coldly, he's not interested in you or your thoughts now, you know that. Right now he's thinking about winning. He wants to win.

"I... ok fine, I'll go but snow, please, please be careful. I can see you're still injured." You say pulling the coat on quickly, reaching down to grab your shoes and pull them on, now here you were. Marching to the zoo in the cold, to see Treech, carrying a large bag of food for him to share with Lamina. you didn't want to have cause any issues between the tributes but right now, there was no time, and no choice, there was a night, one night for an opportunity.

"Treech? Treech?" You call no longer caring about the volume. You needed to find him. "Y/n you shouldn't be here, your head...God it looks awful.." he mutters approaching the bars reaching a cautious hand through to touch the stitching. Careful... careful.." you say gently as he reaches out to touch the wound. "Listen, everything about the game has changed, everything. In the games, no matter what happens. You can't attack Lucy Gray, no matter what happens, or who you're with, you don't swing." You say grabbing his wrist that had his hand pressed to your head.

"What? What do you mean?" He answers nervously, pulling his wrist out of your hand and instead takes your hand in his. "Snow, he's made a deal, he has a plan, I don't know what but, it buys you time ok?" You say squeezing his hand nervously. "Ok.. ok I promise." He says firmly leaning closer to you at the bars. "She's gone.. Dill, her disease got to her before the game could.." he murmurs.

"Oh my god, I.. that's awful poor Reaper.." you whisper staring at treech. He nods gently staring at where reaper was laid on the floor.
"It was fast. Don't worry. She went.. fast. It was when we got back, I think the smoke took her lungs and then, the disease just.. finished her." He whispers turning away from you to look at Reaper, who sat slumped against a tree his head placed firmly in his hands not looking up.

"I heard the other mentors talking, Your gonna watch the whole time? Right? The whole time you're gonna watch me in the game?" He says nervously seemingly even more pale, younger even without his hat.. his hat, where was it?

"I promise, my eyes will be on you and only you the whole time..." you then draw your eyes from his face to his head. "Treech your hat, where is it?" He looks down. "I'm not wearing it till tomorrow, it's my lucky one. It's gonna be my other key to survive, besides you." He says gently leaning into the bars looking at you closely.

The distance had gotten even smaller as you realised how close to Treech you had gotten. His eyes drifted to your lips and back to your eyes leaning closer. You took the hint leaning in as well but not enough to kiss him, still unsure if that was his intention. But before you can react he closes the distance. gently, and delicately placing his lips on top of yours.