In A World of Flashes

"𝐀𝐧𝐝...𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠...𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞."

————- ❀ ————-

Cisco and Caitlin gently helped Belén to stand on her feet. Today was the day she was finally able to leave the hospital and needless to say Belén was eager to get out of there. It had been a week since her accident and nothing had been more boring than being forced to lay in bed and do nothing.

"I can do it guys," Belén tried to shoo Caitlin and Cisco but neither moved away from her.

"Nu-uh, we are not letting you out of our sight," Cisco promised. "Not until we figure out why you were targeted."

"Cisco, that's so last week," Belén sarcastically rolled her eyes.

"He's right though," came mama-Caitlin's agreement. "We have a mystery to solve."

"Can we do that at Jitters while I eat?" Belén asked hopeful. She heard the place had finally re-opened - thanks to a 'mysterious force' reconstructing it at night - and was desperate to get back to her normal routine.

"We've actually got somewhere else to go," Cisco announced, his somewhat mischievous smile put Belén on edge.

She stopped struggling against the two to get to the bottom of their mysterious place to be at. "Oh, and where's that?"

"Barry's dad is getting released today," Caitlin smiled impossibly wide, matching Cisco's face exactly. "And we're throwing a little party."

"I-I'm invited?" was the words that came out from Belén's mouth in her rash nervousness. She knew Barry had begun the process of overturning his father's case thanks to the confession Wells left behind on video but neither she nor he knew how long that would take.

"Well of course!" Cisco answered her with a laugh. "So c'mon, everyone's setting up right now."

"But I need to get a proper shower and-and find something to wear..." Belén began to think about what she had in her closet. What could she wear with the new dark blue arm sling her injured arm was forced to rest in.

Caitlin chuckled as they finally got her to stand up from the bed. "Don't worry, I'll help you with whatever you need and then we can head to the party."

"Thank you," Belén could only wonder how much help she would need now that she only had one working, movable arm. Taking care of Axel sure was going to get even more interesting. She knew that one for sure.

~ 0 ~

"Where are half my things at?" Belén was mighty confused - and a bit alarmed - to find that her closet and drawers were half empty. Caitlin had walked in with a glass of water and some pills Belén needed to start taking. "I've been robbed," Belén turned back with wide eyes.

Caitlin couldn't take it and laughed. "Calm down, Belén. Iris and I came over last night and took some things you would need."

"As a welcome-home prank sorta-thing?" Belén raised an eyebrow, finding no relevancy in that plan whatsoever.

Caitlin continued to laugh but shook her head to answer Belén. "No, of course not. Iris and I thought that maybe it would be easier for you to stay with someone that could help you for a while. We put all your stuff in my spare room for you and Axel to stay in."