✧-The Flight-✧

Beep Beep

Time: 10:32

I lazily opened my eyes, met with the sun shining through the thin curtains. I sit up, yawning.

It was the day of the flight, Mercy's birthday 2 days away. Mercy and I had gotten some extra essentials and cloths for the flight a few days before. Most things were packed except for the utilities I planned to carry in a bag with me to the plane.

I walk towards the bathroom to freshen up. Starting off by brushing my teeth then showering.

Water slightly cold but not to the point its freezing. I scrubbed my hair not noticing my thoughts getting carried away.

Would my old 'friends' still be there? They all sure are adults but what if I run into one? One of them could be visiting to.

The water getting colder brings me back to reality. I realized all the shampoo had already washed away. Water freezing slowly by the second, indicating I had spend more than enough time here, now only wasting water.

I step out of the shower, quickly changing, then makin my way downstairs to find something to eat. Opening the fridge I pull out yesterday's take out leftovers, pizza.

I shoved it in the oven-microwave two in one thing. I never quite figured out what it was called. As I waited for it too defrost I checked my phone, the first tab open was the conversation with Mercy I had last night before knocking out.

_____
Texting: Lizard🥸

Lizard🥸:
I'll meet you at the entrance of the port.

Grizzly:
Ok. I'll be there by 4

Lizard🥸:
Nooo come at 3:30 so we can get something from the shops before the flight boards.

Grizzly:
Alright, you better not make us miss our flight like ya almost did last time

Lizard🥸:
IN MY DEFENSE IT WAS A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY! MEETING DEMI LOVATO?? AND HAVING HER SIGNATURE ON YOUR ARM??

Grizzly:
You finally walked to the gate right when it was about to close because you said, and I quote "SHES GOING TO COME BACK!! WAIT JUST WAIT. JUST A LITTLE LONGER" We were lucky the attendant let us in.

Lizard🥸:
WE STILL GOT IN THO

Grizzly:
If it wasn't for her good mood.

Lizard🥸:
Yeah yeah whatever. I'll text you before I head to the airport. I need to continue packing. Byee

Grizzly:
Bye

_____

I giggled at our antics. We really haven't changed much since college.

Beeeeeepp

PIZZA NOM.

_________________

Time: 2:27 pm

Charger, check. Wallet, check. Phone, check.

Everything stuffed in bags or suit cases. I had packed a bunch, it was a month or so long trip. Mercy's grandmothers sickness was getting worse, even with the medicines.

Everyone knew what was coming. Even grandmother. The doctor had called a few days before to confirm it. We wanted to make it special, so everyone in the family was invited.

I have met Mercy's grandmother a few times, everytime she was so sweet. It hurt seeing her in pain and having to let her go. She quite reminded me of my father, loving and caring, always there to cheer on.