Chapter One

The brilliance of the sky, the radiance of the sun already halfway to the zenith. Evelyn was making breakfast as Xchotil, her seven year old daughter, walked down the stairs boisterous as ever. She skipped into the kitchen where the aroma of fried eggs and bacon rent the air.
    "Morning Peach how are you?" Evelyn greeted Xchotil. She flashed a smile as she set her breakfast on the table. As she faced back to pack up her lunch for school, Hugo walked in. Hugo was Evelyn's fiance and they were soon getting married.
    In two weeks Xchotil was turning eight and on the same day was her mom's second wedding. Her father had passed away two years back. Memories of that day echoed as the events keep appearing in Xchotil's mind.
     She was happy but the thought of her father was always a haunting presence at the back of her mind. She never paid much attention to it and instead spent her time with her mom and Hugo.
     "Peach we have to go now or we'll be late!" Said Evelyn
    Next minute they are in the car heading towards her school. They going on summer break soon and summer was her favorite time of the year, especially the days spent at the beach. That day was the last day of school. She waved goodbye her mom and went to class.
     She was a rather quiet girl who had about two friends and liked keeping to herself and didn't socialize much despite her personality.
      Soon after a day of goodbyes her mom picked her her up.