Witch child

Hi! so its my first chapter of my first story on wattpad, and I'm really nervous cuz I have no idea what you guys would think of it. Please leave a comment and feel free to tell me what you really think and how i can improve it. Hope you like it!

"Hikaru!" I called from the kitchen as I made breakfast. "You better be moving your butt or you're gonna be late". '

"I'm up!" I heard a groggy voice reply. I went back to frying pancakes with a satisfied smile. Well today had started off okay. But I knew it would turn bad considering I could never have a perfect day

Let me explain, I'm Miku Sakuraba, I'm a pretty normal 15 year old highschool student except for the fact that I am the so called "witch child" of Hiroshi Kannagi and Mei Sakuraba.My father was the president of the Kannagi oil company, his family were treated as celebrities in this town, they were well respected people and the pride of our little town. So of course everyone expected him to marry a daughter of another rich company but my father fell in love with the poor but but breathtakingly beautiful Mei Sakuraba, and so they married in secret. Eventually they had to reveal it to the people and they reacted in the most disgusting way.

All the blame was directed towards my mother who was now pregnant with me, they accused her of hypnotising my father with her beauty calling her a witch. My father tried to explain it to them as best he could but the people were adamant on their view of the situation they didnt see what was really in front of them they saw what they wanted to see. Mum lived with dad and his family, she was treated badly by his parents and siblings when he wasn't around, mum endured the harsh treatment only because she could be with dad but that all ended when dad died of lung cancer, leaving mum and a two year old me alone. We were thrown out of the mansion without being allowed to attend dad's funeral. Mum with nothing left carried me in her tired arms back to her little house she used to live in. Here she patiently and lovingly brought me up even through all the harrasment, my father had left a fairly huge sum of money in her name, we lived off that since my mum wasnt welcomed to work anywhere in town.

The thought of leaving town had crossed my mother's mind a few times but this was her beloved hometown which contained her precious memories of her childhood,of her parents....precious memories of my dad . She couldnt bare to leave. Amongst all the the glares directed towards her my mother walked with her head held high.

On the day of my fifth birthday, as we made our way home from my school, she noticed a little box few feet away from the doorstep, she peered into the box to find adorable blue eyed baby boy, she didnt have the heart to leave the little thing out in the cold weather, and so apparently my birthday gift was a little brother. I mean dont get me wrong it was the best girft I could ask for but I gotta admit he was a little annoying.

As the years passed by mum grew weak from overworking and depression, she couldnt get off the bed, Hikaru and I did all we could to keep mum from slipping away from us but I guess luck was never on our side. In the year i turned 10 mum breathed her last breath while holding Hikaru's and my hands in hers. " I'm sorry" were her last words, mum left with her peaceful smile and Hikaru and I became orphans.

"Hey sis! Did you see my English textbook?" Hikaru asked as he came down the stairs with his bag, dressed in his school uniform, a white shirt with a black and blue striped tie and dark blue trousers. His maroon coloured hair in a mess

'Did you check under the couch? I asked used to him always losing something just when he needed it.

"No" he said making his way to the couch in the living room. "But how could it possibly be-" he was saying as he pulled the book from under the couch.

I gave him the "told u so" look as he came back into the kitchen with a defeated look

'Dont know how you do it, I swear it's magic" he muttered as he dropped into a chair and started stuffing his face with pancakes.

"Who do you think cleans this place" I said lightly hitting him on the head

'Yeah yeah I know my wonderful hardworking sister" he replied sarcastically

'Well you better get going, don't wanna be late on the first day of the semester" I said putting his luchbox into his bag

"Yup, see you" he said grabbing one last pancake before he left the kitchen

I was clearing the table when I noticed that he had left his English textbook, typical Hikaru. I ran into the hall and just caught him as he opened the front door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked

'Huh, I dont think so-", he was saying when I cut across him and said

"Think fast!" and threw the book at him. His well trained reflexes(all thanks to me!) reacted just in time for him to catch it

"Ohhhh, thanks sis what would I do without you!" he said beamong at me

"You wouldnt do anything without out me" I said trying to make my voice angry and trying to tell him to act more responsible but I smiled inspite of myself.

"Bye" he said with a sheepish smile and walked out the door.

I went back upstairs got my books and bag, i stopped to look at the mirror. A dark crimson eyed girl with waist length blue hair stared back at me. I looked exactly like my mum except she had brown instead of crimson eyes. I was wearing my school uniform too which was a plain white blouse with a red tie and red plaid knee length skirt. But I made my own few touches to it, I wore a pair of track pants underneath my skirt and instead of the black blazer I was supposed to wear, I wore a black hoodie.

I had always worn a hoodie since i was 10, whenever i used to go out people would whisper about my appearance saying stuff like

"Just like her witch of a mother"

"Going to use her beauty to get her way"

I was much more comfortable with a hoodie which shielded me from such comments and it's not like I wanted to look like this. Plus I hated wearing skirts so I wore a trouser underneath.Of course this didnt stop the spiteful comments but at least I was comfortable.

I bundled my long hair into a bun at the back of my head and pulled my hood up. I hate my long hair but mum always loved it and she made me promise to never cut it shorter than waist length. I went downstairs, into the kitchen and got my luchbox. I went back into the hall and headed for the door. I looked at the wall on the right as I placed my hand on doorknob.

"Bye mum", I said to the picture hanging on the wall,of a pretty woman with chocolate brown eyes and flowing blue hair.

I turned the door knob and opened the door to what was my everyday hell.

Yeah i know its not that great but it gets better, its only the introduction so please keep reading!!! and leave a comment!!!!