Eddie X Artistic Reader Pt 1

This is a comfort chapter, cause I need some of that.

Warning: No trigger warnings today :D

Gender: Gender neutral

Enjoyyy

It's just a normal day in the neighbor hood for Y/n. They sat at there kitchen table, doodling with a blue crayon on a small, white sheet of paper. They love to doodle very much, always coloring little flowers and hearts, and maybe a small bird now and then. And their a great artist, always so proud of themselves for every new little artwork created. Their not focused though, just thinking deeply while scribbling. Their hand slipped up as they hear a knock at the door. A hum and tap of their foot and then they were up, walking to the front. And they'd open the door, to find their neighbor, Eddie, looking down at them with a small package in his hand. 

 "Well, howdy there, neighbor." He was smiling at them, and they smiled back. "Hi, Eddie. What's up?" They look at the box in Eddie's hands, and he's shake it up slightly. They look back up at Eddie. "Nothing, just brought ya a package. I think it's got something special in it. Just for an artist!" He winks playfully, before handing Y/n this package they kept staring at. "Who's it from?" They ask, but Eddie doesn't respond, just staring down at the little box. Y/n would shake the though away, then look inside. Eddie slides a hand into his Jean pocket. "Got anything for me to deliver?" He asks, looking back down at them, still brightly smiling. 

 "Mmm, yeah, I do. Come in." Y/n says, stepping out of the door way so the kind mailman could slip inside. Then Y/n would set the box at their kitchen table, before going upstairs. When they'd come back to see Eddie admiring their doodles on the kitchen table, they'd have a big box. "Ive got something for Poppy, and something for Wally. Sooo.." Y/n starts, then comes over to Eddie, setting the box down and pulling at two smaller boxes. "What's you got for Poppy?" Eddie curiously asks, looking intently at the boxes. "Some cookie dough and a stirrer. And I got a little apple stuffy for Wally. I dunno what he's gonna think, I think he prefers actual apples, even though he just.. stares at them..?" Eddie laughed as they told him what they had gotten for their neighbors. "Why that's very fine of you to get your neighbors something," Y/n just smiled brightly as Eddie spoke, "I'd say your the nicest darn neighbor out here!" Y/ns cheeks became a faded pink. "Nuhuh.. but.. it's nice that you think of me so highly."

 Eddie chuckled, looking at Y/n with love. "Well I always have. And there's nothing wrong with you, and everyone should see you just as highly." The sweet mailman said. "Eddie, stoppp" Y/n said, their face all pink. "Really though, neighbor, and your just as beautiful as you are kind!" Eddie knew what he was doing. "Okay okay, sure. I'm kind and everything. But you gotta stop showering me in complements before I say something silly!" Y/n giggles. And Eddie looks away, blushing just as much. "Neighbor, I can't stop, I just love it. I just love you" He mumbles. "Wh-what-?" Y/ns face quickly changes expression from flustered to confused and surprised. "Er- Eddie?" 

 Eddie can't look back at Y/n, or they'd see the blush covering his face. "Neighbor.." "No, Eddie, I love you too. Please don't be embarrassed!" Y/n says as Eddie looks back to them. "Really?" Eddie's blush is very deep, and he's stuttering slightly. "You love me? Neighbor?" "Of course, Eddie.." Y/n sets a hand on his shoulder, but Eddie pulls them in for a tight hug. "Ah, neighbor why hadn't you told me you loved me?" 

"Same question for you, Eddie!" Y/n says, hugging him back. Eddie kisses Y/n softly on the forehead. "I'm just a nervous about those things.. but I really do love you, Y/n.." Eddie muffles into their hair. "I've got  a couple more stops, but we can hang out after?" 

Y/n sits up, nodding. "I'd love to. We could watch a movie? Here at my house?" Eddie seems to like that idea. He gives them another kiss on the cheek, before setting them down and picking up the boxes for Poppy and Wally. He heads for the door. 

"Hey neighbor?" Eddie starts, turning back. "Can we keep this between us for now..?" He smiles nervously, but his face is more relaxed once Y/n nods. They wave, smiling, as Eddie leaves the house, shutting the door behind him. Y/n goes back to coloring on the sheet on the table, thinking about the little date they had planned later. 

"What a lovely mailman, and he's all mine!" They'd say to themself, giggling.

GAHHH OML I COULDNT HELP BUT GIGGLE ALL THE WAY THROUGH! Hope y'all enjoyed. Have a zilly day! Drink water, eat food, AND SLEEP PLS?! 

Ily guys <3