CHAPTER 5

Happy 2nd month as a writer! Here's the longest update for you. Enjoy reading! Thank youuu.🤍

~

The dancing of the wind made every dry leaf fly away. The place is quiet. As darkness spread across the surroundings, new dimensions emerged. The only light it has given is the moon in the sky, setting on its full moon.

Given that, even in the darkness around you, the light of the moon is enough to see things around you,.

Danger is always in the lives of people. Whenever and wherever your feet take you, they will follow you. You may somehow avoid it, but in some instances, it will come at no such time.

Unable to recognize it, I noticed a quicksand, slowly eating and pulling my feet underneath. Pulling it off with strength is valuable, but it may be easy to deal with because quicksand is denser than water. The human body is less dense than quicksand.

I relaxed my body, using slow motions to bring it back to the surface, then laid back. Just the way I could regain myself.

A loud blast from the earth causes an explosion, resulting in smoke that lands with a tremendous splash.

Intentionally, I spill over to the other side of the forest. With closed eyes and adjusting myself, the surroundings are clear. In a way, I quickly got up and examined the whole thing.

As I looked around, my face turned glum, as if I had accumulated all of the scenarios. A growl set my senses on high alert as I looked around. Sharp and careful.

The Chimera....

A Chimera is a female creature with three heads: a lion head, a serpent head, and a goat head protruding from the center of the Chimera's back.

It has a fearsome weapon: the forelegs of a lion-headed creature that breathed fire; the hind legs of a dragon or goat's cunning; and a snake-tailed venom that made her nearly invincible.

Three Chimeras came running in my direction. Running meters away from me. My vision became bolder as it signaled me to become aware and embrace an attack whenever the situation would arise.

"I knew it," I murmured.

Embracing an attack. However, it seems the Chimera's is observing me as if examining my whole being.

The lions have hawk-like eyes, observing their prey with their growling voices. This one in front of me is undeniably the big one, rather than the two behind her. The defending hiss of a snake behind its tail swayed around, continuously coming out of its venom.

In case it attacks, I am nonetheless ready to defend myself anyway.

*Growling

Emitting the tail of a snake, growling and breathing fire from the lion's mouth, and the sharpness of the goat's horns.

"Wanna play with me?"

I challenged myself on this.

Bet the odds.

I smirked, putting pressure on my fist and feet. I am slightly slanting my vision to the opposite side of the nearest three, where a passage way to the west of the woodland is located. More Chimera is heading my way.

Running and betting their lives on me.

When it's moving, then there's the signal, telling me that's the sign to start the clash.