CHAPTER 2

My hair was windblown, causing my handkerchief to fall into the grass. With a heavy sigh, I slowly crouched down to retrieve it. Never mind this cut; nobody can see me anyway. In the middle of the forest, surrounded by animals and green trees, there's nothing special to criticize about these cuts on my face. I decided to tie it around my palm instead.

Yeah, I'm more concerned about my face than the bruises and pains all over my body.

As I was about to climb onto my horse, my intuition suddenly prompted me to duck for some reason. I sensed danger, which caused my reflexes to kick in. They were a few meters away from me. They were pointing their weapons in my direction, and in a minute, they would possibly hit me.

As I stood up, shock written all over my face, the horse fell to the ground. An arrow left pierced in his body as blood dripped off.

Arrow...shit, who are they?

I gritted my teeth. I closed my eyes. In a second, my body tensed up, and I felt the urge to run because I din't have any weapons except for the dagger Eudencio had given me. I ran as fast as I could imagine, but it surprised me that the normal speed I had was multiplied countless times. I couldn't see them clearly, but I felt them chasing after me. Sensing my surroundings, I stopped at the trunk of a tree. Quiet, yet dangerous.

Who are they, and why are they chasing after me?

Following my heartbeat at the normal rate, I sensed a rigid heartbeat nearby. They are near me!

Slightly gazing at the other side, I saw a stick of wood. Bending my knees, I slowly held the stick with my hand.

I threw it to the other side to create a distraction, but my idea was bad, resulting in hundreds of flying arrows in every possible direction. I quickly run at my fastest speed.

This is my first encounter with a real enemy, and I am unsure of what to do. I stop at the midpoint and assess my surroundings once again.

I've been trained for the past few years, but my mind is in disarray. I can't think properly! Damn.

I couldn't hear their voices or their footsteps, but their direction was not so far away from me. I climbed up to the tree, and the branches helped me to hide from above. Feeling their presence was so tense for me.

Upon hearing their footsteps, two men appeared, facing each other. They weren't talking, but they knew what to do. I confirmed they are Ozpi, judging by their all-black suits, masks on their faces, and the bows and arrows they use to kill. Their fighting skills and defenses are no joke. Never underestimate their weapons, as they have a poison that could end someone's life. It spread easily in a second, causing the blood inside your body to turn black as it circulated and overwhelmed everything within you.

They became alert and ran to the south as if someone were coming. I creased my eyebrow and immediately jumped down.

My eyes widened as an Ozpi ran straight towards me, pointing his arrow directly at me. I didn't waste any time, running towards him at my fastest speed before he could release the arrow. Sliding towards him on the ground, he fell. He tried to elbow me, but I choked his throat from behind.

Forcefully, he used his bow to hit me in the face. He made me lose my balance and fall to the ground. He stood up, grabbed both my legs, and slammed me into the nearest tree. The roots of the big tree caused great pain in my back, making me groan in anger and frustration.

"Damn you!"

He positioned his arrow at me, but I quickly got up and ran towards him. I quickly grabbed my dagger. When I reached his position, he aimed for a strike, but I manage to avoid it. Following my stunts, I gripped his right leg, causing him to fall to the ground. As I moved to reprimand his throat, he manage to change our positions, ending up above me.