The Capital

I feel the train come to a slow stop. I didn't even wanna look out the window of the train to see all of the screaming capital residents. Supposedly everyone was looking at the district four tributes this year because of Finnick's big history making win last year. Finnick was fourteen the same age as myself when he entered the arena last year and came out undefeated. You could tell it definitely gave him a not needed ego boost as he walked towards the window and smiled widely causing absolute chaos to erupt from the outside. 

Eyes would be on him because it was also his first year as a mentor. Angus sat up and walked towards the window. He looked uncomfortable be he slowly waved his hand and the crowd burst out into cheers once again. I had no desire to get to know the people who were gonna watch my death and not think twice about it. One or two of them could be possibly sad but they wouldn't care come the next day. 

Finnick turned towards Angus. "Nice job it's good to have the capital know you before interviews" Angus nods his head proud of himself. I took a small bite from the large waffle in front of me. There was syrup poured all over the waffle and whipped cream was perfectly swirled on top of it. 

Angus walked out of the room probably going to find Mags who knitted on the couches nearby. Finnick and I sat in the room. It was painfully quiet but I didn't dare to speak and fill the quiet. "You should know when we get off this train there will be crowds all around us screaming. They tend to get pretty handsy and I'm guessing they are gonna get handsy with you because you know" Finnick starts off and I look at him confused. 

"Because I'm a girl?' I ask and Finnick shakes his head. "Uhh no that's not the main reason. In the capital if they see someone who is umm... pretty they will want that" Finnick gulped and I sat back in my chair. Did Finnick just call me pretty? 

xxx

Finnick was right the capital residents grabbed anywhere on my body that they wanted. It was a weird feeling never before being touched before in some of the places that the capital grabbed. No one tried to grab Angus. Finnick also got a lot of attention and people grabbed at him almost clawing to him. 

I looked at the people confused why full adults would wanna grab a fifteen and fourteen year old so desperately. We followed through the crowd to a large hotel like structure. It was the most massive thing I had ever seen. It was a white color but it almost looked tilted like it was teetering on something. It had windows all over the building covering almost every part of it. 

The five of us were escorted to the fourth level of the building. The door of the elevator opened to a large wide open space. It had stone emerald floors and large pillars. The ceilings had a large mural painted on the ceiling of a ocean scene. It wasn't a realistic mural however because it contained sirens and large rainbow fish scattered throughout the painting. The ceilings were so high that I wondered how the mural had been painted. 

There was a large sitting area with a couch that took up most of the room. I could see the purple velvet from here and knew that when I touched it it was gonna be smooth and silken. The dining room was wide open with a large glass table sat. There was a diamond chandelier that sparkled causing a small disco effect to glow throughout the entire room. 

A large window was placed near the dining room. A full scene of the city was presented and I could see how busy it was. There were lights flashing all around the city and traffic all through the city. 

For a moment I walked around the rooms just looking around. "Baby this is how to live!" Dimitri yelled looking at the diamond chandelier. "Hopefully one of you can live with this type of riches soon enough!" Dimitri yelled and Mags gave him a dirty look. 

I tapped the window with my knuckle ignoring Dimitri's yells of praise for the architecture around the rooms. The window was a harder glass then I had felt before. "They made it a strong glass in case any tributes got any ideas" Finnick said looking at me with a sorrow in his eyes and I nodded my head. "Too late for that now huh?" I turned towards Finnick but he didnt respond and instead turned away. 

"Dimitri can show you guys your rooms" Finnick said and then walked out of the room. It almost sounded like guilt was present in his voice. In all honesty I wanted him to feel somewhat guilty even if it was a selfish thing to do. If he would have let me go then I wouldn't have been in this situation. 

A small voice however whispered in my head. 'he thought he was saving you' it says and I shrug off the words.

I had heard of tributes committing suicide before the games but that was many years ago. The capital had placed many restrictions with the tributes only limiting them to certain rooms and time limits with the other tributes in case anything were to happen. 

"Dimitri can you please show me my room?" I asked and Dimitri clapped his hands. "Oh baby I cant wait to see mine!" Dimitri said and started to run but it was more of a walk with the insane heels he was now wearing so I didn't have too much trouble keeping up with him. He turned right and opened a door to a large room. 

"Here you are baby" he said and then left immediately running out trying to find his own room. I looked around in a somewhat shocked state. The room was massive. A new mural was painted on one wall. A stormy forrest was painted along with lightning flashing all through the picture. It reminded me of the storms we would have back in district four. I always liked the rain and storms that would sweep through the district. I found then relaxing. 

I walked over to my bed feeling the velvet sheet that was perfectly straight across my bed. I pulled back the sheets and laid my head on the pillow shutting my eyes. Tears flowed down my face as I knew each night was a count down to my death and there was nothing I could do about it. 

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know and comment and vote!  Hopefully everyone is doing good and healthy!