𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

          — COLBY BLINKED TIREDLY, the screen of his phone becoming blurred, his eyes unable to focus after hours of staying up.

The sun peeked through his curtains as he tossed his phone down beside him on the bed and blinked up at the ceiling. He'd been up all night thinking about yesterday. About Jasper. About their past. About what he would say once they were able to talk without interruptions, and then trying to forget it all, pushing it away until his mind wandered back to baby blue eyes.

He cursed himself and grabbed his phone, his eyes wandered to the clock. Seven in the morning — was that too early to text him? Shaking his head, he opened up the text messages before he lost the courage. He typed a message and hit send, then stared at his phone in surprise, eyes growing even wider when Jasper responded.

Shaking his head again, he stood up and went downstairs, pouring a large cup of coffee to wake himself up after a sleepless night. When he went upstairs, he was already gulping down the large cup of coffee. He turned the corner to enter his room, closing the door behind him.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

         JASPER closed his bedroom door after getting dressed in a baby blue sweater that brought out his eyes, a thin black flannel underneath with the collar curled over the collar of the sweater, he paired it with his signature black jeans with its knees ripped and a pair of black Converse.

He had spent far too long picking out his outfit after getting the message from Colby when he woke early this morning. Typically, he wasn't a morning person at all, but something left him waking early his mind already on Colby before the man messaged him.

Pouring another mug of coffee, he held onto it like a lifeline as he waited for Colby to arrive. It didn't take much longer before he heard a knock at his door, nearly spilling his coffee with the speed he stood up. With wide eyes, he set it down carefully before rushing over to the door at an embarrassing speed. Once at the door, he paused, calming himself and putting on a nonchalant expression before he opened the door.

Colby stood on the other side of the door his hands drumming against his legs, his eyes downcast until the door opened and he looked up with wide eyes. "Jasper." He greeted, sounding almost breathless, instinctively moving forward, reaching out.

Jasper stepped away, oblivious to the hurt expression that spread across Colby's face. "Come in." He managed to choke out a moment later, realizing he hadn't spoken yet.