𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

Colby
I'm so happy you messaged me
I was actually thinking... maybe we could meet up and talk?

        — JASPER STARED DOWN AT HIS PHONE, stunned by what he was seeing without real rhyme or reason. He didn't expect Colby to ignore him, let alone respond unkindly, although he may deserve it, he knew that just wasn't in Colby's nature. Still, he didn't expect this...

He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves. All he's wanted since they split ways was to see him again and yet, now, with the opportunity before him, he's left paralyzed in fear. He shouldn't be scared, he tells himself incredulously because he wanted this and beyond that, he knows Colby. But, of course, this does not stop his anxiety, because anxiety often doesn't listen to reason or anything really. His hands clenched and he realized with a startled jerky movement that he had dropped his phone without even realizing it. He stumbled to grab his phone in a rush and with it in his grasp, he shook his head and forced himself to type two seemingly simple words.

Jasper
Sounds great

With this done, he collapsed back onto the couch with a sigh. He closed his eyes and settled with the idea that while his anxiety may not like it, he would be seeing Colby soon, and that filled him with a strange feeling of excitement mixed with fear. Soon, he was sure he'd be in front of him again, drowning in those blue eyes. He blinked. Soon...

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

         THE sounds of the local coffee shop Colby had recommended strained Jasper's ears. He fidgeted with the sleeve of his shirt while mindlessly watching the people who bustled around the coffee shop.

He was waiting for his coffee now. More importantly, he was waiting for Colby to arrive. Not that he was late, but rather that Jasper was early. He had thought it might give him a chance to sit and take a deep breath, calm his nerves before he met those blue eyes again. Instead, it's only managed to worsen his anxiety as he waits, the sounds of the coffee shop mixing with the increasingly loud drum of his heartbeat in his ears. At some point, he had moved out of the way and sat down at a table where he began to drum his fingers absentmindedly.

"You still do that?" A voice asked causing him to jump.

"Colby." He said breathlessly as he turned to face the man with blue eyes. He was dressed more casually today than he had been while on the trip, in a simple dark tee shirt and a pair of jeans paired with black boots.