*1000 Years Ago* Outbreak of the Machina War

(WARNING: Major Spoilers!)

Although Zanarkand was a machina city, it mainly used summoning and magic. The people of this city were so successful at magic that some of them had the ability to turn people into fayth and summon Aeons to fight for them. They were attacked by the most powerful machina city, Bevelle, and it was clear from the beginning that Zanarkand wouldn't win the war. The day before Zanarkand was finally destroyed Yunalesca and Zoan left the city.

After thousands of people died summoner Yevon, the leader of Zanarkand, took the remaining survivors up to the top of Mt. Gagazet.

The citizens were frantic as they looked down upon they're doomed city. Yevon new that him and these citizens could not rebuild their home alone, but he had come up with a crazy idea.

"I will turn all of the remaining citizens into fayth and use they're memories to summon a dream of our beloved home."

The citizens agreed to this plan and willingly became fayth. Their stones were placed into the walls of what is now Fayth Scar. The only two survivors, other than Yevon himself, that didn't become Fayth were his daughter and her husband, Yunalesca and Zeon.

As Yevon began to conjure a dream Zanarkand next to the Baaj Temple he new that he needed a way to keep it safe so that it wouldn't be destroyed again. He had to keep anyone from the outside from coming in and discovering the dream. Finally, he came up with an idea that would change Spira's future forever.

"I will be Dream Zanarkand's protector. I will create a deadly armor that cannot be pierced by Bevelle's machina and keep anyone from leaving or entering the city. No one from the outside shall know of its existence and I will destroy any city with powerful machina."

As Yevon began to summon his unholy armor Bevelle headed up the mountain. When they got close to the top they heard singing. The song they heard was originally made in defiance against Yevon.

"Tis a song from an other world."

The army of soldiers panicked and fleed. Yevon summoned his deadly armor and became Yu Yevon. Spira's new destiny was born. Later on Bevelle finally had the courage to come back and try to finish Zanarkand off. There was not a single living soul around, only statues gathered onto Mt. Gagazet singing "The Hymn of the Fayth".

Yu Yevon had begun to destroy cities, starting with Bevelle. Rumors went around about what this monster was and why it suddenly appeared. They were only able to guess a small part of the truth. They said that it was summoned by Yevon in his wrath, but they did not know that Yevon never meant to create his armor to destroy Spira. He only wanted to pretect dream Zanarkand and anything that could possibly destroy it.

His daughter, Yunalesca, agreed with her father, but did not want Spira to drown in their sarrow. She wanted to give them hope, but she knew that her father could not be killed. Everyday she tried to come up with a way to give Spira the hope it needed. She thought long and hard until she came up with an idea.

"If I turn Zeon into a fayth our bond could be strong enough to pierce my father's armor. He will create a new one and will be reborn over and over, but this Aeon will give the people hope that one day, it will destroy this never-ending sin. Thus giving my father honor."

After thousands were killed by Yu Yevon. Yunalesca used her Aeon to defeat him, knowing it wouldn't work. Yu Yevon had jumped into Zeon and the bond between him and his wife was so strong that Yunalesca couldn't handle it and died instantly. However, even after she had defeated Yu Yevon the people of Bevelle still feared him.

She had an attachment to the world, and instead of moving on to the Farplane she became an unsent. Yunalesca now waits in ruins of Zanarkand for summoners that wish to fight Yu Yevon.

(To be continued...)